“Love the Orchard Street Manor!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Bedford
Orchard Street Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 New Bedford B&B and Inns
Bedford, Massachusetts
“Love the Orchard Street Manor!”
Reviewed June 25, 2008

Although I live in Massachusetts, I decided to stay overnight in New Bedford, given a 2-day conference I was attending there. I was fortunate enough to find the Orchard Street Manor and loved it!

The host could not have been more gracious and welcoming. The home is filled with treasures and history about the Sea Captain whose home it was originally.

The rooms are spacious and filled with large towels and lots of reading materials. I stayed in the Green Room and found the mattress to be one of the most comfortable I've ever experienced at an Inn or B&B.

I really wanted to eat at a Portuguese restaurant and Al kindly directed me to Antonio's, a local gem with generous portions and reasonable prices. I had a marinated pork sandwich and it was excellent. The service was outstanding and clearly lots of regulars dine there frequently, as many were greeted by name.

Breakfast at the Manor was a fresh fruit smoothie and freshly baked muffins. The coffee was strong (as I like it) and it was a wonderful way to start the day.

I highly recommend the Orchard Street Manor.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank AliFromBedford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 10, 2008

Since I am from New Bedford and still have family there, I travel there quite often (at least once each season). Once I discovered The Orchard Street Manor I have stayed there ever since. Al and Suzanne always make me feel as though I have come home, sitting at breakfast with me and sharing all that has happened in town since my last visit. The accommodations are wonderful, beautifully furnished in a combination of period furniture and decorated with an array of items from their world travels. They have frequently arranged restaurant meals for me, assisted with contacts with local merchants, and always prepared a delightful breakfast with warm freshly backed muffins. I will never forget their support and help when I returned unexpectedly for my father's funeral after his sudden death. I look forward to "coming home" to the Inn.

Stayed April 2008
#2 of 5 in North Dartmouth
Dartmouth Motor Inn
Dartmouth Motor Inn
#4 of 5 in North Dartmouth

Been to Orchard Street Manor? Share your experiences!