Blaze Anderson Professional Guide, Instructor, and Photographer
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I have been exploring Maui's reefs for over 25 years and share my personal service with you, to ensure you get the Best Ocean Tour and Instruction Experience offered on Maui. No crowds, Customized Service, Premium Equipment, and No Rushing, are just the beginning of my business creed. Now add my knowledge of the amazing Reefs, abundant Sea Life, Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles, and Oceanography, and you have the recipe for a special ocean interaction. I offer Private and Group Tours, Instruction, and Underwater Photography for the following activities: SCUBA Diving, Scooter Snorkeling, Eco-Snorkeling, Kayaking, and Paddleboarding. Snorkel Tours available for ages 6 and up, Pool Scuba for 8 and Up, and Scuba Certification for ages 10 and up. I am very family friendly, an expert in calming nervous wives, and provide plenty of excitement for advanced divers. My top Tours are: Makena Caverns Scooter Dive, Intro to Scuba Pool Clinic and Reef Dive, and for Snorkelers-The Scooter Snorkel Tour. I Instruct and Certify All levels of Scuba, first-timers to Divemaster, delivering over 26 years worth of Scuba Knowledge and Skills to help you become a relaxed and safe diver. Check my Website for more about me, and for Reservations. Shaka, Blaze
Reviewed April 2, 2017

Blaze is such a pro on diving and photography, best dive trip ever. It's like all the marine life is part of his family, he will train you with ease if you have never been diving before, the location is one of the best places to dive in Maui .he also has other location that are amazing . If you get the chance do a night dive with him get in his schedule .If you are going to maui you must meet and dive with blaze . You will not only have a great experience you will also make a friend

Date of experience: December 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Blaze A, Owner at Blaze Anderson Professional Guide, Instructor, and Photographer, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2017

Aloha Kyler, thanks for your review and for sending out many of your friends to experience my version of Maui's undersea world!

I'm proud to be able to easily guide beginners and advanced divers to unique areas for visiting with the turtles and other fish life...

Let's work on getting you on the scooters for our next level of scuba adventures!
See you soon, Blaze

Reviewed March 30, 2017

We found Blaze online and signed up for our first scuba dive with our older daughter, who had done it a couple of times in Mexico. He explained everything really well and had us try the equipment in the pool before we entered the ocean. Then in the water, he found us a baby octopus and let us touch and hold it, while he took amazing pictures for us. Then we saw a speckled ray and a baby turtle in a small cave area...so beautiful, and he was a fun and helpful guide.

Date of experience: March 2017
Blaze A, Owner at Blaze Anderson Professional Guide, Instructor, and Photographer, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2017

Aloha and Mahalo for your review. I am just as rewarded as you when we have such a successful experience together learning to breathe underwater! I appreciate your trust when allowing me to lead you into the great unknown, and explore the reef for sea life. I hope you always appreciate and share your respect for our beautiful island, sea, and critters...Keep exploring and challenging yourself to expand your limits and enjoy planet earth!.
Shaka, Blaze

Reviewed February 20, 2017

My tween/teen daughter and I have been on about a dozen scuba / scooter dives with Blaze. He is at the same time very safe, and very chill. I think he knows most of the Maui sea life personally. He will locate the octopus in low vis, and somehow convince you to put it on your head, send you the awesome film, and have you thoroughly enjoy the process. He has unusually good defog.

Date of experience: February 2017

Gregg, Thanks for the review and your fascination with the He'e, or Hawaiian Day Octopus!
We love those creatures and look on every dive!
Once you get the "Tako-Eye" they become visible around the reef..Kinda like those 3-D stare but unfocus your eyes images!

I look forward to more adventures together, and Kikaha the tiger Shark misses you!
Blaze

Reviewed February 12, 2017

I've been diving for 15 years and never have I consistently enjoyed my dives so much as when I dive with Blaze. It's more than the beautiful location and the many new things Blaze somehow finds on each dive, it's that he brings a vibe - from start to finish - that just makes it a great experience. It's a mellowness combined with a true appreciation of the magic of being under water that I think sets Blaze apart as a guide and a teacher. That, and the care he takes to make sure that each person feels comfortable and safe in the water.

Blaze is also an excellent photographer and my two small boys love to see all of the wonderful photos and videos of our dives. My boys aren't ready to dive quite yet, but when they are I will be calling Blaze to teach them the right way to do it.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank Stuart B

Aloha Stuart! Thanks for the outstanding review!
As you know, I can translate all my advanced experience into easy tips for divers of all skill levels. As an advanced diver, you challenge me to provide a custom experience above and beyond a normal group boat dive experience. You are perfect testimony to the special times we have underwater visiting Maui's unique aqua-scape.
I look forward to more explore time with you and the boys!
Shaka, Blaze

See more reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

WOW when diving with Blaze it's not just any dive you get the COMPLETE experience! Even if it's your first dive or if you are an advanced diver contacting Blaze is all you have to do, this is the easiest part of planning your trip to Maui! Blaze took my kids out on there first dive and instantly they fell in love and no my kids are certified and we have a hobby we all do together!! When planning a trip with teens it's nice to know our time with Blaze we will be making memories that will never be forgotten. And the pics Blaze took are the BEST family pics we have ever had! Blaze has some amazing dive locations that are fun for EVERYONE! Even if you don't dive you get to experience some amazing "local secret attractions" in Maui.
Don't make the mistake of diving in Maui with or without kids without contacting Blaze!

Date of experience: July 2016

A big hug and Aloha to you all!
Thanks for the review and I look forward to another special July together this year.
I'm sure everyone's ready to get back into the beautiful sea and swim with the fish!
The pineapples are chilled and the turtles on standby....
Until then!

Blaze

Travelers who viewed Blaze Anderson Professional Guide, Instructor, and Photographer also viewed

Been to Blaze Anderson Professional Guide, Instructor, and Photographer? Share your experiences!