After being in Honolulu at the Halekulani, the Fairmont was a real letdown. While the facility was beautiful, it was unkept, the grounds were "littered" with fallen leaves, and the marble floors were unswept. We were greeted with leis which was nice but our room was not ready until 4:00 p.m.
The room itself while adequately large was not plush by any standards. The wireless internet connection was very sporatic so you had to connect via a landline and pay a daily charge for internet use to be reliable. THe sheets on one bed were ripped on the side and never replaced(while we did not ask for them to change the bed linens, the rip was very noticeable and thus should have been changed without having to ask). They did have a little cafe where you could purchase food for the room, while it was pricey, it was fresh and tasty.
NIck's Restaurant on site was worth a visit although it was very expensive. Bellmen, housekeeping, wait staff were nice but nothing exceptional. The only two other restaurants in the area were Cheeseburger in Paradise and Ruth Chris Steakhouse so your eating out choices were limited. The "Shops at Wailea" was a very nice upscale shopping center with some basic shops like a local ABC, Gap, Black & White, etc. My teenage son did prefer this hotel over the Halekulani because it had 3 swimming pools and because it was a much larger faciltily, there were more "kids" for him to hang out with. Overall, I feel like we were too far from other "activities" on the island and would not choose this facility or any other facility in the Wailea area of Maui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea