We stayed at the Kea Lani, during August, for a few days and had a great time. We arrived at the hotel just after lunch and were greeted with a lei and juice. Check-in was simple however our room was not ready yet so the attendant took down our cell number and promised to call us. We walked around the resort and up to the Shops At Wailea and got the call around 3:30pm that our room was ready.
We checked in and the room was fantastic. It had a partial mountain / ocean view which was quite scenic. The room itself was well laid out with a monstrous bathroom. We took some pictures in the hope that one day, we would have such a bathroom in our house.
A couple of things to note are that make sure you reserve in advance for dinner at Nicks. We were not able to secure a dinner reservation on the night we arrived but obtained a slot for the next night. I agree with a previous comment that the person taking pictures was a turn-off. She walked away in a storm when we did not want to purchase her pictures ($20), thanks but no thanks. Dinner was fabulous however bring some sunglasses along if you have an early reservation as the dining areas are not completely enclosed. We woke up around 8am most days and when we arrived at the adult pool, all the chairs around the pool were usually already taken up by people leaving newspapers / towels. The pool boys are supposed to take the towels off the chairs for people who vacate their seats for more than 60 mins however we never saw this happen therefore go in early and reserve your seats and then have breakfast.
All in all, a great stay and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Fairmont Hotels, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea