Our stay and entire experience at the Kea Lani was excellent. My wife and I traveled to the Kea Lani on a wedding package and we were married at the resort. There were two nights in a deluxe oceanview suite included in the package, and we also purchased an additional three nights at the hotel in a lower room category. Upon our arrival, we were cheerfully greeted and given leis. We were upgraded to the deluxe oceanview suite at no extra cost and without even asking.
The suite was nicely decorated and very roomy. The bathroom was just wonderful, with a large marble walk in shower and garden tub. The bed was extremely comfortable and the sheets of high quality. There was a flat screen LCD television in the living room of the suite but only an older box television in the bedroom. A small refrigerator and microwave were also in the room. I thought the furniture in the room was of good quality, however the patio furniture was extremely cheap. I would have thought that a hotel the caliber of the Kea Lani would invest in better patio furniture.
The service that we received from all of the hotel's staff members was excellent, from the bell staff, to the courtesy car chauffeur, to our wedding coordinator. It was customary for the employees to greet you with an “Aloha” when you walked past them in the halls or on the grounds. Speaking of the grounds, they were picturesque and very nicely manicured. In all, a great location to have a wedding. I especially liked the adults only pool, as I don't much care for being around screaming children splashing all over the place when I'm trying to relax. The pool chairs were comfortable and staff members routinely walked around to take drink orders and bring by cups of water (and pineapple). At the beach there is an attendant who sets up your chairs for you. I also liked the relative privacy of Polo Beach. It is not connected to the main Wailea beach, and although all beaches on Maui are public it does not seem as crowded as Wailea beach.
My wife was very impressed with the staff and the quality of her bridal hairdo that she received at the Juvenal hair salon at the hotel. The pacific terrace was a beautiful place for a wedding and the staff was great during the cocktail reception that we had following the ceremony. Nick's Fishmarket was where we had our reception dinner, and everything there was also excellent (I'm posting a separate review of Nick's as well).
The worst part about staying at the Kea Lani was having to leave. I would suggest anyone thinking about staying at the resort to join Fairmont's free President's Club, which gets you things during your stay such as complimentary internet access and use of golf clubs (which rent for about $50 at the local courses in Maui). I know that a lot of people compare the Kea Lani to the Four Seasons, and I'm not sure that it's really a fair comparison. A comparable room at the Four Seasons is about double the rate at the Kea Lani, so it's understandable that you're going to get more for “free” such as cabanas and beach umbrellas. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Kea Lani again, and am especially looking forward to going back and seeing their renovations to the pool areas after they take place this fall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea