5,058 results
All reviewsko restaurantcafe ciaosuite hotelnick's fish marketcanoe experienceadult poolfour seasonspresident's clubswim up barbreakfast buffetupper poolliving roomour honeymoontwo sinksocean viewtop notchwalk in shower
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Had stayed at this hotel 5 years ago. Same old tired place. Dated TV's, phones, furniture, attitude, etc., Why I go to Asia for my vacations. Hawaii has no clue about 2010. Was here for business. Have also stayed at the Fairmont property in the Big Island. I prefer the Maui location of the two. It's not as bad. As a President loyalty member I noticed that it's a curse to even mention it. The don't even consider an upgrade. Even if you have the coupons. Regardless of the hotel occupancy. The hotel insults your intelligence by giving you the worst rooms. If you ask to change, it goes downhill from here. Yes, they are kind and "friendly" as they play this game. Sad to see what used to be an honorable chain go downhill. If you do go to Maui, there are way to many options. As a previous, reviewer noted, do yourself a HUGE favor and stay at the Four Seasons next door. You will be sorry you didn't. That is truly 5 start, not a wanna be.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank A M
Reviewed January 28, 2010

You will love this hotel. The bathrooms are as large as some hotel rooms in other parts of Maui! Fab walk around shower, huge soaking tub and double sinks. Sitting room and double lanais. This is a great property. Adults only pool and nice beach with access to boardwalk. Love Cafe Caio, the deli is fantastic. We stayed at this hotel so many times over ten years, we fell in love with Maui and bought a condo down the street. Can't say enough about Wailea.

Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2010

The staff at this hotel went above and beyond service when ever we needed something be it extra towels, foam pillows etc.
I'd like to give credit in particular to the staff at the front drive they were helpful and great whenever we had a question or needed a recommendation. Also our housekeeper was great our room was spotless even with a two year old leaving a trail of crumbs in our living room.
I read some reviews before going about the condition of the hotel on this website and frankly was concerned . Our room was a little worn, but everything and everyone made our stay really nice.
We are sure to return we also stayed the Marriott down the street and even though I am a loyal Marriott customer(platinum) I don't think we will go back there.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani for 5 nights at the end of March for our honeymoon. We had an oceanview suite which was everything we could have hoped for. The walk-in shower was comfortable, but my wife got a little bit chilly if she ventured too far from the water. The layout of the room was very convenient (think large circle pattern from the living area -> bedroom -> bathroom), with a private lanai overlooking the pool and ocean. The adults only infiniti pool was a great place for my wife to try out her new snorkel gear (her first time) before venturing out to the ocean in front of the hotel.

All the staff were extremely helpful (big shout out to Dillan from La Canada - he remembered my wife and I a day after having lunch at the grill and called my wife by her new last name - which made her smile). I highly recommend the bento box at the Polo Beach Grill (little restaurant by one of the pools).

The breakfast buffet was fantastic and well worth the ~$30/person. All kinds of fruit, fresh pastries, waffles, meats, etc. We'd wake up, have a nice breakfast looking out at the ocean, and not be hungry until late in the afternoon. We ordered room service the first night we arrived and it was prompt and edible (although pricey - think $20 hamburgers).

If you're going to try snorkeling off the resort, make sure you go in the morning, as it gets kinda rough in the afternoons when the wind picks up. We saw several people trying to launch kayaks around noon and they more often than not flipped over when trying to make it past the breakwater.

All in all, we'd gladly return here just for the fantastic staff, clean rooms, and beautiful beach.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2010

We stayed at the Fairmont in 2008 for business/famiiy vacation and stayed once again in October of 2009. We were traveling with small children so we decided to stay there once again as all of the rooms are suites. If you're looking for a large room to accomodate a family this hotel is an acceptable property. If you're hoping for a hotel befitting the Fairmont name I think you'll be terribly disappointed. The property is beautiful and well maintained but the entire resort has old tired feel to it and the rooms feel like they haven't been touched since the 1980's with worn carpet, beat up furniture, and outdated electronics.

To make matters worse, despite the fact that the hotel was at about 50 percent occupancy and we are Fairmont Presidents Club members, they put us in possibly the worst room on property. It featured a wonderful view of the parking lot, cigarette smoking pit, and the hum of air conditioners. We ended up paying for an upgrade but were shocked that they wouldn't offer a nicer base room considering the fact that the hotel was so empty.

We travel a30-40 days a year and stay at Fairmont's on occasion and I think it's deplorable what they are doing to properties with such a fine name. You have a certain expectation when staying at a Fairmont property but unfortunately current management seems intent on milking the good name and letting the resorts fall down around them.

If you're looking for an elegant property with an amazing staff, spend the extra $100 per night and go next door to the Four Seasons.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business