We just returned from our honeymoon at the Fairmont Kea Lani. We're in our late 20's early 30's and like to go out. From the minute we arrived we felt like we were in paradise. Our flight arrived at 4pm and after reading the reviews here we stopped at Costco on the way in for a few essentials! By the time we arrived at the hotel (about 6pm - it's a 35 minute drive from the airport) the sun was beginning to setand they had just lit the torches around the grounds. We checked into our beautiful room on the 3rd floor, over looking the ocean and the community next door, poured a nice drink (they sell liquor in the supermarkets here!) and headed off to catch our first sunset on the beach.
We stayed at the resort for six days before heading off to Honolulu for a couple of days. It was nice to see something else of Hawaii, but we should have spent the whole time at the Fairmont!
Here's a simple list of our comments and tips!
1. Make the most of the facilities in the room. Not just to save money, but so that you can do things on your own terms/times! Buy liquor, soda and snacks from Costco or Safeway
2. A cooler bag for the pool/beach is a good idea!
3. Go to Mama's Fish House for dinner in Paia
4. Get a PuPu appetizer at the PuPu Lounge in Kihei
5. Buy the book - Maui Revealed
5. Get up at 2am and take the 2 hour drive to the top of Hanakulani and watch the sunrise - DRESS UP WARM!!
6. Skip the 8 hour road to Hana drive for a 1 1/2 hour helicopter ride from Blue Hawaiian
7. Rent A Car
8. Keep going down the road in Wailea to drive over a old lava flow
9. Eat at Nick's Fishmarket in the Fairmont hotel
10. Eat at Freds Tacos in Kilei
11. Go to the Irish Bar in Wailea
12. Drive to Lahaina and eat at Kimo's overlooking the water
13. The "Old Lahaina" Luau is supposed to be the best but is 45+ minutes from Wailea, but books up a month in advance and is too far to drive after a few drinks. The one at the Renaissance is great
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelPower so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea