This is the second time we have stayed at the Kea Lani and once again it did not disappoint. The rooms are wonderful, even though all we could get was a partial ocean view. I was very happy to see that the hotel now has coffee makers in the room and a microwave and fridge. I know they want people to eat at their restaurants, but these things make my stay more pleasant overall and more likely for me to come back. Check-in was quick and the staff are overall very friendly and attentive.
The resort is not cheap to stay at, and lunch generally ran us nearly $100 a day for four (that is simple fare around the pool). Still, the food is good and fresh and if we wanted there were cheaper alternatives out there. We chose to hang out close to home and pay a premium. There was a Christmas buffet that was offered while we were there and it was quite good. Also, Santa arrived by outrigger on the beach and met with all the kids on Christmas Eve. That was a nice touch.
This was the first time we used the Keiki Club for our two children (5 and 6) and they loved it. I would have preferred to see a bit more outdoor play, but with lots of kids I can see the rationale for keeping them in a safe and contained environment. This was also quite expensive, but what a wonderful day we parents had lounging in the peace and quiet of the adult pool. Highly recommend.
My only real complaint, and honestly it's minor and somewhat petty in light of real problems, is the pool chair system or lack thereof at the resort. If you want you can rent a cabana for an outrageous sum of money, or hang out right next to the cabana in a free-of-charge lounger. However, getting a lounge chair is next to impossible. The official line is that you can't hold chairs and if you do reserve some, you can't hold them for more than two hours unattended. There is nothing more frustrating than taking your kids to the pool for the day and not being able to sit near them when they swim. All around are empty lounge chairs with towels indicating that they are being used. However, they sit empty all day sometimes. We grabbed a couple chairs one day not even realizing someone had "saved" them. He and his wife showed up THREE hours after we had been sitting there and demanded we give them back to them. As if they had actually invested any time in using them. I say, first come first serve. If you leave, you forfeit. That should not be a problem if everyone else is under that same system. I would love to have the best seat in the house too, but that only works when you pay for them. Free chairs should be open to all. That, or get some more chairs. At the Four Seasons next door you can stay in a cabana or lounge chairs free of charge - or as free as anything is when you pay the amount of money both hotels charge for a room. I mean for $700+ a day don't you think a lounge chair or cabana should be thrown in for good customer service? I hate being nickel and dimed.
Still, don't want to end on a negative. It was a lovely stay and I plan on going back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea