After much reserach, I set up my 5 night honeymoon at the Fairmont and was underwhelmed by the Fairmont as a honeymoon destination. While the grounds are beautiful, the resort is oriented towards kids and conferences, and the spa is only average.
ROOM: Our room was on the north wing overlooked the kid's pool...which also has a bar serving lunch and drinks to the party crowd. Also, the rooms on that wing do not get a sunset view. To get that, we would have had to go to the middle or south wings next to the construction. It was nice room, though.
SPA: I went to the Fairmont spa to get a tandem oceanside massage, but they only had a tent set next to the adult pool....fine if you want to get a massage with your new wife and 100 of your best friends. We ended up going to the Four Seasons spa instead. They have beautiful private huts next to the ocean, so you can enjoy the sound of wind, birds, and the surf. The spa there is fantastic and beautiful. The waiting room there offers dried Hawaiian fruits, tea, water, etc. as you relax waiting for your treatment.
RESTAURANT: We also went to Nicks because we had heard so much about it. We ordered oysters on the half shell as an appetizer. I tasted a funky one. I mentioned it to my wife, and she said one of her oysters tasted bad, too. We didn't get too discouraged, laughed it off, hoping not to get sick. Then she found a bug in her dinner salad. At that point, we called the head waiter, who did nothing except keep asking us if our meal was ok through the rest of the night. Even average restaurants will offer a free desert or coffee to make up for bad quality, but they barely apologized, and I left a very substandard tip. The guy with the pepper mill did a nice job, though, and could really twirl it.
If you're looking for a honeymoon, stay at the Four Seasons. If you want a family vacation or a fun conference site, stay at the Fairmont.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Fairmont Hotels, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea