We bought a vacation pkg which includes flight, the Fairmont deluxe ocean view suite and car rental under a tremendous price. We were excited to stay here given all the glowing reviews and I agree with the others this is one of the best places to stay at Maui and certainly at Wailea. Granted the distance to Lahaina is a 45 minute drive but I find the sunset is more beautiful on this part of the resort town and quieter.
We got a corner deluxe ocean view suite which was massive and we get to see the sunset from our balcony and plenty of sun during the day. Each room at Fairmont is a suite so you have a bedroom and living with each having a large screen TV. The bathroom is massive with double sicks, a deep soak tub and a shower, and its own enclosed toilet. We stayed on the south side of the resort which is next to a yard with some construction work but it didn't bother us and the windows are fairly sound proof. The room has excellent amenities including a microwave, a fridge, an electric teapot and a coffee maker. Housekeeping restock towels and supplies every morning and evening at turndown service. The ceiling fans add a nice touch to the suite that can cool you down in addition to the AC.
The resort property is phenomenal with its own private beach and beach umbrellas and lounge chairs are easily available. The sunset at the beach was definitely special as it's unobstructed from the ocean. There's an adult pool which is nice but the kids pool have a water slide which is fun and they also have 2 whirlpools and an additional pool which connects to the pool bar so you can swim right up to have a cocktail. They also offer various activities for adults and kids. The gym is well equipped and can get busy. We ate at Ko and Nick's Fishmarket for dinners, as well as one morning for the breakfast buffet (very well stocked for $34/person), and we also had snacks at Luana lounge. Food is excellent and prices are comparable to New York (i.e. not cheap, e.g. $30-50/entree), but we found at Maui other nice restaurants charge similar prices anyway.
We each had a 90 minute medium tissue massage at The Willow Spa and it was absolutely a highlight. The massage therapists were outstanding and definitely one of the best ones I've had, and I've had regular massages in the past. The steam room and sauna inside the spa are nice also.
If you don't have late checkout, they offer a hopsitality suite (one of their regular rooms) to shower and freshen up so you can still enjoy a full day of beach and pool before your evening flight.
The $30/day resort fee is extra and includes self parking (lots of spots), internet, bottled water, use of gym and facilities, etc. If you're Fairmont president's club member you get a few extra perks and sign-up online is free.
In summary, if you plan to stay at Wailea definitely consider the Fairmont. I find the balconies nicer than the Four Seasons next door with a panoramic view and the property is more casual and relaxed than the Four Seasons (which we had dinner at Spago there and definitely the clientele there is more Hollywood). With a vacation package deal you could save >$3k on total cost so definitely worth staying here. I'd recommend my friends to stay here if they want to be at Wailea. We also checked out the Lahaina area with Hyatt, Marriott and Westin; they had a nice long stretch of beach but during spring break it was definitely more crowded and noisy than the Wailea properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea