Let's start by arrival, very warm welcome. Attentive staff help unload car, provided welcome drinks and beautiful lais. We had an ocean view room on the 6th floor that was absolutely breathtaking. The patio stretched the length of the whole room. You could literally lay in bed and see other islands. The rooms were HUGE!! absolutely huge! The carpet was a little grimy and there was a small issue with ants in the bathroom but they were more than welcome to deal with the ants. We loved the food from every where we ate on property. The little store was very nice to have, not too overpriced. I really want to applaud the way they deal with food allergies. My son is deathly allergic to nuts. When we first got there, they fill out some sort of thing where anything ordered by us is screened and the cooking is overseen by a manager to ensure his food was safe. That was a huge relief in the land of macadamia nuts!! Not sure why every other kid these days have food allergies, but it is great to see a hotel set up and help the 1 in 13 families dealing with the nightmare. It sure makes traveling less stressful!
The grounds were absolutely beautiful!! Everywhere you looked, it was well kept. The beach was by far one of the best we have been to. We travel quite a bit and have been to many places. You just cannot beat the view. The sand was a beautiful, soft powdery sand. It was just heaven! The pool was very nice and my children loved the waterside.
We used the kid's club once and just loved it. My kids made volcanos on the beach, learned to count in Hawaiian, got a Hawaiian name, made a ton of crafts, and made new friends. And that was just one morning. Big love for the kids club!!
My only complaint would be the number of spots reserved for sale. We were there for 6 days and we only saw someone buy a spot once or twice. They are wildly overpriced and take up much of the pool deck. You shouldn't go to a nice hotel and not be able to find a place to sit. It was annoying to not be able to sit by the pool while there were about 30 open chairs that were not being used. We have been to other places that do this, it's not uncommon. But the number of them was ridiculous. If you have guests that have no where to sit, you should open some of those areas. That truly is my only complaint. Everything else was amazing. The staff was great. It wasn't over the top helpful, like I have experienced at some of the other Fairmont locations or other high end hotels but the location and size of the room certainly balance that out. And the view!! The view was the most amazing thing of all! I'd go back in a heartbeat!! But Fairmont, please consider opening up more spots by the pool. Going on vacation and having no where to sit is no fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea