My wife and I stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani hotel for 5 nights. Our stay was the final part of our trip in Hawaii and our 3rd destination on our honeymoon (this was actually September 2011 but we've been to lazy and/or forgotten to post the review :-s ). The airport was approximately 20 minutes from the airport and it was nice seeing parts of Maui on the way to the hotel.
Upon our arrival at the hotel, we were greeted with a lovely guava drink, my wife was presented with an orchid lai and I was presented with an authentic nutshell necklace. The staff were friendly and the hotel was immaculate. As a result of us staying at the hotel for our honeymoon, we were presented with a meal voucher for the hotel's award winning restaurant, Ko.
Our room was large, comfortable and very clean. There was a large living area, a large bedroom (with a very large, comfortable bed) and the bathroom was enormous. Our room was towards the back of the hotel, so we had a view of the hills and we could also see the Pacific ocean from the side of our balcony.
We eat in the main restaurant, Ko, using our voucher towards the meal, and it was very nice. The portions were very generous. However, we mainly purchased our evening meals from the hotel's bakery and deli and eat these in our room. The pizza was yummy and the red velvet cake was to die for, the best red velvet cake that we'd ever had. We paid an additional fee for breakfast, and it was well worth it. There was a large selection of food items and they also had an omelette bar. We enjoyed the cocktails at happy hour at the hotel's bar whist watching the sunset and the nightly torch lighting ceremony.
We hired a car through the hotel, which was very easy to do, and we took a roadtrip around part of the island. The hotel also provided a free transportation within a certain radius ( I think it was about 2-3 miles) of the hotel and meant that you could easily visit the Shops at Wailea and I think there were some other restaurants within the journey distance, but we didn't go to these due to time limitations. I would recommend joining the Presidents Club as you get many additional benefits, including wifi.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much at the hotel and we would definitely go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea