My fiancee and I stayed here for 5 nights in mid-July and had an absolutely wonderful time. If it were possible to rate the Fairmont Kea Lani 4 & 1/2 stars, that would be ideal.
The staff is absolutely wonderful, every one of them will smile & say, "Aloha!" each time they walk past you or have any dealings with you. It's welcoming and does a wonderful job of making you feel secure. Every interaction with the staff was a pleasure, and it was obvious that this is something the resort really tries to encourage.
The Resort Grounds:
The grounds are fairly large, wonderfully manicured and include 3 pools (incl. one adults only pool), 2 hot tubs, and access to their own private beach. The pools are all exceptionally clean, and the swim up bar, while small (6 bar stools on the pool side), is a nice touch. There is also a slide, poolside basketball net, inner tubes, etc. for the younger crowd.
It's an all suites resorts, so the rooms are large, but they're also very well kept. There are ultimately 4 rooms in the suite & a lanai with a chaise lounge & some patio furniture. The foyer has a closet that contains a safe, iron & board; the entrance also has a wet bar with fridge & microwave. The Living room has a large couch & ottoman and the TV here has multiple connections for audio & video inputs. The bedroom has it's own TV & the king size bed is quite comfortable. Very soft pillows though. Not necessarily ideal for a side-sleeper, but still very comfortable. The bathroom is pretty amazing with a stand-up shower & tub, as well as his & her sinks.
The problems with the room weren't deal breakers. The first was that the TV in the bedroom almost never worked. They had someone come to fix it, but it was still intermittent. I thought to myself, it's a sign that you're supposed to be outside in the beautiful Maui sun. But it still would've been nice to wind down my evening with a show or wake up to the morning news. Another minor annoyance was the sound. You can hear noises from the room above, the room below, out in the hallway. There are section of the hallway that have small tiles instead of carpeting. Any time a cart rolls over that tile you will hear it. And that seemed to happen far more often than necessary. In fairness, we were in the closest room to this type of tiling. It's probably better the farther away you are.
Had a couple's massage & it was magical. They brought us down to connecting cabanas right down by the beach and we listened to the lapping waves while getting our massages. (There are apparently other locations, I HIGHLY recommend pushing for the beachfront cabanas). My fiancee absolutely loves massages, I'm not usually a fan. Clearly I was not getting a good massage. Both of us agreed that this was a great massage in a completely relaxing setting.
Where the Farimont Kea Lani loses some points is the cost of it all. Everything from room to food & drink to the boutique is priced on the high end. This was to be expected and it's not as if you're going to find a better bargain at neighboring properties, but it's important to keep in mind that you'll be spending a lot of money.
All in all, I would undoubtedly stay here again. Wonderful experience overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Fairmont Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea