We just returned from a 6 night stay at the Kea Lani with our 3 children. We also met 2 other families there, so our actual group was about 13 people. I had not researched the Kea Lani at all and was not sure what to expect with the hotel, but it was just wonderful. It is pretty, airy, clean and nicely updated.
The rooms are very nice - - very simply decorated, but comfortable, immaculate and tasteful. The bathrooms are very nice and have a luxurious feel to them. I am a bed snob, and the beds and linens were great. Our children slept on the pull out sofa, and they did great. The rooms are perfect for families with little ones, because each room also has a microwave and refrigerator (so you can heat milk, etc). Not that we spent much time in the room, but when we were in wind down mode, the kids could watch their own TV in the living space, and we could watch our own TV in the bedroom. The balconies are all huge, and we spent several evenings sitting outside with our friends while our kids watched movies inside. You should know that when you book a room with an "ocean view" at the Kea Lani, you are going to be looking down the side of the building with a small view of the ocean (we figured that, but I have seen others complain about that on this site). Our friends had an ocean view, and their balcony views were amazing.
Outside.... the pools are nice. My group all agreed that the poolside service is not very good, but that did not keep us from enjoying the pools. The beach area is wonderful, and the grounds are just amazing, in general - - beautiful and lush. Lots of room for throwing the football and ponds in which to catch tadpoles! Each day there was a kid-friendly activity - - - bracelet making, lei making, Easter egg dying, and an Easter egg hunt. Very, very kid-friendly resort!
Food ... breakfast buffet is fantastic, but pricey (as expected). One great thing about the Kea Lani is their little Cafe Caio - - a little market where you can buy meals, snacks, beverages and a few necessities. We grabbed breakfast and lunch there several days. And two nights, we ordered pizzas, bought a few bottles of wine, and ate with the kids by the pool and let them swim at night. We went to Nick's one night - - half of us thought it was fine, half were a little underwhelmed. But they handled our large group nicely and were extremely accomodating. Ko's was great all around.
All around - - no real complaints. It's a beautiful, enchanting resort. Superb service (outside the pool area), lovely grounds, and amazing family friendly amenities. We can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea