We had the pleasure of staying at the Fairmont Kea Lani Resort in Wailea Maui the last week of February in a 3-bedroom Ocean View Villa.
The Fairmont Kea Lani Resort in Wailea Maui truely exceeded all my expectations. In personal service, in location, in amenities, in attitude of the staff, I was overwhelmed by a sense that it was a great place to be and I felt welcomed to this stunning resort in tropical Maui.
It is a beautiful resort, with a sheltered sandy beach, Polo Beach, and numerous swimming pools, beautiful white walled architecture, gorgeous landscaping, and breathtaking sunsets! While in Maui, we had hired a car rental, but we never left the resort once!
The villa is bright, and immaculate and elegantly beautifully. The beds are comfortable and the bedrooms, bathrooms and closets are very spacious. I loved the deck off the top floor bedrooms - to enjoy my morning coffee and watch the day begin. And the ground floor the private courtyard with your own large plunge pool, barbeque grill and lounge furniture were appreciated at sunset!! One negative, was the master bed was a little too soft for my liking, but I found that the other beds were firmer, so switched bedrooms. It can seems an extravagance, but it is so spacious, one or two families can easily be accommodated, and with all the extras, it's also good value!
The Resort has multiple swimming pools so there's plenty of space for families with small and big kids, and peaceful spaces to just relax and rejuvenate. Or if you’re like me, a place to feel like a kid, and ride the 140-foot pool slide multiple times per day. (Its fun for little kids too!)
Service was impeccable. On arrival, the greeter eagerly delivered beautiful flower and kukui leis, and refreshing tropical juice. It hit the spot after the hot drive from Kahului, and set the tone. On checkin, we were driven to our Villa by cart and along the way got a personal tour of the entire resort and then a tour of the villa amenities. Housekeeping were efficient, friendly and courteous, and they transformed our villa each day, restocked the fridge, and replenished our villa!
We found everything we needed. A Welcome Basket for the kitchen was waiting with tropical fruits, local jams, fresh milk and bread, cheeses, snacks (macadamia nuts, chips), pancake and syrup, coffee and teas, and tropical muesli. We visited Caffe Ciao Deli several times, and it stocked an amazing variety of gourmet goodies: prepared food, espresso patisserie, gourmet treats, gelatos and basic staples too! Their salads were a great light lunch, and reasonably priced! $12 for an excellent Chicken Caesar Salad.
We also ate at Kō Restaurant (I have a review on TripAdvisor for Kō) for dinner. I was very impressed, granted I love asian food and innovation, and feel strongly in local grown, sustainable food, so Kō Restaurant is my kind of food!!
I can't say enough about all the staff, who seemed genuine and engaging, and would like to thank them for creating a beautifully memorable holiday!
As a destination, it is well worth the journey.
I will definitely return to the Fairmont Kea Lani Maui!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea