As a long time fan of the Fairmont chain of hotels, I was satisfied with the Kea Lani - until we tried the Four Seasons next door.
The Kea Lani is an all suites hotel, so there is plenty of room. The decor of the rooms was a little dated (I wondered where the renovation $$ has gone) but comfortable. The microwave and fridge are a definite plus (especially if you don't have the breakfast plan or are traveling with children). The lanai was very large but got very hot in the afternoons. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom spacious and there was plenty of closet space and hangers. We found the pedestal sinks in the bathroom difficult to manage as they increased the distance between you and the mirror too far for those who need glasses.
We were somewhat disappointed with the restaurants. While the breakfast buffet was extensive it quickly got boring and you aren't allowed to order a la carte if you have the breakfast rate. (You can at the Four Seasons). Both Ko and Nick's were just OK, nothing special or interesting.
The beach was nice. The "beach boys" set up you chairs and umbrella for you - where they want to, not neccessarily your choice - for no cost. Pineapple and ice water are brought around during the day. The pools are lovely. Especially nice is the separation between adult pool and children's.
The grounds are stunning. A tremendous amount of effort has gone into making this resort lush and pleasing.
This is not a cheap vacation by any stretch of the imagination. However, the staff are pleasant, the resort lovely and rooms spacious and comfortable. There are plenty of restaurants nearby to chose from all within waling distance (or by free Fairmont shuttle) so you aren't limited to eating at the hotel.
I suggest staying here, especially if you have children, and eating at other places. However, if you have the money, the Four Seasons next door is amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Fairmont Hotels, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea