This was out first trip to Hawaii and we stayed at the Fairmont for a week. We chose Fairmont because of past experiences at other Fairmont hotels. Overall, we were not disappointed.
-Best location on Maui (in Wailea). Despite little rainfall on the south side of the island, the planned resort area of Wailea is a manicured oasis, comparable to the best in the world.
-The public areas of the hotel (including the extensive grounds) are beautiful. While the building's architectural style is more suited to Mexico, its unique style grew on us.
-Elegant family friendly hotel without pretensions.
-When requested, we received excellent service from the staff. Note, we are "self-sufficient" and "independent" travellers, meaning we only need service when we ask for it. We did not have staff fawning over us at all times (which is good).
-Convenient local shuttle service with friendly drivers ready to help at a moments notice
-Large 1 bedroom suites. This was ideal for us as we needed 2 cribs (one in the bedroom and the other in the living room). When needed, we all had space and privacy.
- The tile and/or carpet in the hallways leading to the rooms is not very attractive or upscale and gives a below average feel to the guest experience.
- The room decor is not what I would expect of a tropical hotel. The style of the historic rooms in the Royal Hawaiian hotel (in Honolulu) comes to mind when I think of suitable decor. Beige walls, tan/brown/olive fabric is an odd choice when the colors of the landscape are so exotic and beautiful. I suspect the designer had limited choices given the destinct (non-Hawaiian) architural style of the building.
In summary, given our travel budget and our desire for an upscale family friendly experience, I would still choose the Fairmont. If we were without children, and could afford the Four Seasons, we would go there to be pampered in style.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Fairmont Hotels, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea