Spouse and I, and our adult son, recently enjoyed five nights, including Thanksgiving, at this property. It has been years since we stayed at a 'resort' hotel, but had done pre-travel research, and so were not taken by complete surprise by the prices. On the plus side, there is no daily resort fee and no charge for self-parking. We had booked through Costco and our price included buffet breakfast and a rental car. Both very nice. Were we to have paid for breakfast, the price would have been about $30. Steep enough, but then a $10 tip is automatically added. This for a self-serve buffet! That buffet was extensive and wonderful: papaya among the many fruits, all sorts of eggs, including Eggs Benedict, an omelet station, lox, cheeses, salami,etc. Also, miso soup, tofu, steamed rice, and pickled veg. All sorts of breads and rolls, cereal, for those so inclined (children?) They offer a juice called POG: papaya, orange, guava (I think) which is wonderful. I took mine in a to-go cup and stored it in the in-room fridge for later in the day.
As to the room, which is actually a suite: ours had two double beds, separate sitting room, two flat-screen TV's, microwave, bar area with its own sink, in-room safe, and balcony, with ocean view. The bathroom had two sinks (wonderful when rinsing out underwear), fabulous, deep tub (which fills quickly,) and separate shower, with good water pressure. Good towels, and when we asked for third bathrobe, it was quickly provided. Shampoo, etc, come in good-sized bottles, and were very nice.
Service was excellent. There was evening turn-down service. There is a complementary laundry should the family all have wet bathing suits, etc. As the property is large, some rooms, including ours, are not close to the elevator. No matter. It is nice to hear the birds chattering in the trees while walking to early breakfast.
The on-site spa (not inexpensive) was wonderful. It is possible to purchase food items from the cafe and store in fridge. There is complementary limo service to and from nearby hotels (Four Seasons and Grand Wailea, as well as Shops at Wailea, which includes several restos.)
Property is nicely landscaped, and includes its own beach as well as several pools. Our son availed himself of the pools and gym, and thought them fine. Son also enjoyed jogging map provided by hotel, and continued his marathon training. Spouse and I enjoyed an ocean-view walk to the Four Seasons and Grand Wailea hotels, and got picked up by Fairmont limo for ride back to hotel.
Restos on-site include Ko, which offered prix-fixe Thanksgiving dinner of turkey and fixings in very generous portions, and Nick's Fish Market, which offers really good seafood.
As there was so much to see on Maui, and driving here does take time, we were not able in our five days to fully enjoy all the hotel itself had to offer. It is possible to come here and relax poolside for days. We were out and about: see separate reviews of road to Hana, and Haleakala National Park.
I can think of nothing negative to say. The Fairmont Kea Lani Maui was wonderful. And, no, I do not work for Fairmont, nor were we compensated in any way for this review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea