The hotel and beach are very attractive and the rooms are quite large, although the decorating is bland and rather cold. The staff are the same - rather distant and unfriendly, unlike the many other Fairmont properties we have visited. There is very little shade on the property.
Cabanas and beach umbrellas must be rented and were all booked by the time we arrived. The food is barely ok and is a rip-off. Example: a poor-quality beach-bar hamburger is $16, with french fies another $5 (cheese is extra too). The level of service is low compared to other Fairmont hotels, such as long waits for pool-side service and no turn-down service. When it was time to leave, I waited half an hour for a bell man and had to haul my luggage to my taxi myself. There are a lot of other good hotels on Maui - skip this one - we certainly will next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea