22 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$1,730
Booking.com$1,730
Trip.com$1,775
6,556 results
All reviews serenity pool our honeymoon top notch lobby lounge club level main pool worth every penny game room ocean view pineapple impeccable service outrigger canoe adult pool the big island pool staff the ritz heaven on earth
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2019

I brought my three daughter in laws for a girl's trip to the Four Seasons Maui. The staff were amazing and made our trip even more special. The amenities were over the top! We were treated like VIP's from the time we arrived until the time we left. I will definetely choose Four Seasons for future travel!

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
2  Thank AngieF451
MarkAJSDOM, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Aloha AngieF451, and thank you for the wonderful review and excellent rating. We are so glad that you and your daughters in law enjoyed your girls trip to Maui.

Please come back! We look forward to welcoming you soon . . .

Reviewed September 6, 2019

This place is a mixed bag. By far this property sits on the most beautiful stretch of beach in south Maui, with a lovely sandy bottom and generally calm waves. The staff was friendly...but (see more below). The rooms were lovely, but a bit perplexing with odd use of space. The main pool is too small and cannot comfortably handle the number of guests at the property. I cannot imagine what this place is like in the height of summer with tons of kids. The serenity pool is amazing as advertised. I had an incredible massage on a perfect day in a little hut next to the ocean - for $375. I paid $1500/night for my room after being encouraged to upgrade at check in ("why are you here?" my mom recently died and I'm treating myself. "oh, can I interest you in an upgrade?") which in hindsight just felt icky - the room I was upgraded too was way more room than I - a single traveler - needed. This practice of offering upgrades was prevalent throughout my stay - at check in, at the pool, in my peaceful little hut by the beach. The food and drinks here are average and overpriced. There were other odd things - a lovely garden area overlooking the pools and grounds and a perfect place to watch the sunset - but no where to sit. The property is showing its age in many places. It needs a major overall which may continue to justify it's sky high prices, but for now it was a one time only overpriced experience with some lovely sunsets and swims. I will not return.

Date of stay: August 2019
4  Thank 903stacik

Aloha 903stacik, and I am so sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. My sincere apologies.

May I ask that you contact me please? It feels awful to read your disappointment and I would love to help if I can.

mark.simon@fourseasons.com

Reviewed September 5, 2019

Compared to other five star properties we have stayed at, this place just came up short on multiple levels. I would say the only five star element of this property is how pleasant most of the staff is. The property itself is nice, especially the common areas, but I wouldn’t consider it to be anything mind blowing, especially for the price point.

Now for the issues.

Their “reservation” system for the pool chairs. I can’t even refrain from rolling my eyes long enough to write this.
We got to the pool in the morning and all the chairs were allegedly already reserved. It was a Tuesday and the resort wasn’t busy at all. We walked through the fountain pool area multiple times, and never saw people or belongings on at least 25% of the chairs that we couldn’t use because they were allegedly “reserved”. And no, I’m not talking about the paid reservation sections. Just the standard chairs. We asked an attendant to be added to a list and he said he would return to help us, then disappeared and never returned. It became a joke where we would purposely walk through the pool area just to see the same chairs sitting empty (no people or personal belongings on the chairs, and clean, dry, untouched towels) for several consecutive hours after they told us we couldn’t use them. That level of pretentiousness and disorganization alone would prevent me from coming back and spending $750/night. Pretty unbelievable when you think about it.

The next big issue: the breakfast. I understand that high end resorts are always a price gouge, so that was to be expected, but at over $100 for two people for breakfast, I would expect the food to be good. The quality was what I would expect at a 3 star hotel, zero exaggeration on my part. The coffee was some of the worst I’ve had in my adult life.

The rooms, while not horrible, definitely felt like a 4 star hotel. The beds and pillows were very uncomfortable. Also, for some reason, the TV was offset from the center of the bed by about 4 feet. I guess they did that so they could cram an unnecessary sofa into the room to add the illusion of luxury and spaciousness? They need to fire the interior designer who made that decision. The bathrooms also seemed a bit dated.

Overall, it felt like a four star hotel. The only thing that would suggest otherwise was the exorbitant price tag. After staying here I am genuinely shocked and confused by how high the guest ratings are for this hotel. This was our first time staying at a Four Seasons hotel and it will definitely be our last. All hype and no substance.

I would also like to add that I’ve seen management respond to multiple reviews complaining about the pool chair reservation system. Quit trying to justify and defend a broken system. Either fix the broken system or don’t, but don’t continue to patronize guests who have already received poor customer service from a resort undeserving of a five star rating.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Pspielha

Aloha Pspielha, please accept my apologies for your sub-standard stay.

I would love the chance to talk to you, because I care about all our guest's stays. We make mistakes, but we stand up to them and really want to help make them right, however we can.

Will you let me help? I promise I will do the best I can for you.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

The hotel did not disappoint, from the warm welcome to every detail to celebrate our anniversary! It was a delight in every sense. nothing was too much trouble even helping us at 3am to catch the Haleakala Sunrise. Wish our stay was longer than 3nights on our way to Australia. Will definitely stay again when we return.

Date of stay: November 2018
4  Thank MJ J

Aloha MJ J, and thank you for your enthusiastic comments and excellent rating!

We look forward to welcoming you back . . .

Reviewed September 4, 2019

Stayed here before but wanted to go back just to enjoy the bar and some food! The bar/restaurant by the pool-Ferraro’s Bar e Ristorante! The bartenders name was George and he was incredible! We had a few drinks, ordered some food and watch the amazing sunset! Perfect way to end the night

Date of stay: September 2019
3  Thank N7419KLdanielh

Aloha N7419KLdanielh, and thank you for your wonderful comments and excellent rating.

Thank you as well for your shout out to George - one of our best bartenders!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon . .