We stayed here for a week while my spouse had a conference at the Grand Wailea. We were here with our preschooler and our infant and had a great time. The resort staff was professional and always there when we needed them. Our kids had a great time splashing in the kiddie pool (not as warm as we would have liked) and playing in the sand. The pack & play and free cabanas were a big plus - we didn't have to pay for anything and it was nice to be able to come & go as we pleased - we didn't feel like "We paid $200 for a cabana; we need to stay here all day to get our money's worth."
We were there for 8 days and our kids probably got snacks in our room on 4 or 5 of them. The fridge was great for storing water & milk. The bathroom was huge, with kid-friendly toiletries and an infant tub provided. The kids amenities in general were great - a crib w/actual crib sheets, diapers, stepstool for the bathroom, infant tub, etc. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating - our preschooler fell asleep during an early dinner at Spago and I didn't have a blanket - staff brought out a tablecloth for me to use as a blanket till we got back to our room. The pool staff were wonderful with extra towels and treats - fresh cut fruit, popsicles, water, etc. I second the call to attend the manager's reception - they have maitais, water, and wine, but brought out milk for our kids.
The hotel restaurants were tasty, but we only ate at Spago once and Duo (for dinner once and breakfast twice). The food was great, though expensive. We paid a lot of money for a steak at Duo - but it was excellent and the service was impeccable. We had gone to Cafe O'Lei in Kihei the night before for steak and left more than half of it - it was inedible, unseasoned, and tough. I'd rather pay $50 for a steak I'll eat than $25 for a steak I won't. The breakfast was great - and they gave us to-go containers for snacks for our kids (fresh fruit, a bagel). If you eat the breakfast, you won't need to eat until 6 or 7 at night.
My spouse went over to the Grand Wailea every day and commented on how huge it was. I loved the scale of the Four Seasons. I wouldn't hesitate to go back - we just need to save up the money first!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea Hotel Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui Wailea
- Four Seasons Wailea, Maui
- Wailea Four Seasons