“Loved it”

Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We have just spent the most fantastic week at this hotel/resort. Only left for a day! Good restaurants, great spa and (husband tells me) great gym. Helpful staff. Art market each day Number of fitness classes each day to try. Choice of pools with one children-free. Weather windy and strong current the week we went therefore beach opportunities limited but still could get out on a canoe and if the sea had been calmer would have been able to paddle board and snorkel. Short walk along coastal path to neighbouring resorts and shops. Can hire a car at the hotel if wish to explore for 24 hours or more. Will be going again with my golf clubs next time.

4  Thank Woofwoof13

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is an amazing place. We loved the "new" infinity pool that wasn't there the last time we went. The open air lobbies, bars, and restaurants keep you immersed in the weather and sounds of Hawaii. Breakfast is worth the splurge. The buffet is amazing, with so many options. The rooms are spacious with beautiful bathrooms as well. The gardens are lovely, with many hidden spots to relax and some hammocks as well. The beach is wonderful, with and amazing view. The pools offer lots of seating and great service. We couldn't imagine not going here if we were to visit Maui again.

Room Tip: Manu rooms that are "garden view" also have a partial ocean view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel was one of the nicest hotels we’ve visited- we simply had an amazing experience here. The hotel has everything you want- and then some. Honestly, we loved it so much, we barely stepped foot off the resort once we arrived! The service is spectacular, and the restaurants are some of the best on the island. There’s an adult only infinity pool which overlooks West Maui, and the pool scene overall is a great set-up. Located directly on Wailea beach (also one of the best beaches on Maui) the scenery is breathtaking and snorkeling top notch. What makes this hotel standout is the amenities & service. From complimentary bottled water and coffee to free sunscreen at the pools and a robust towel & drink service, they have everything nailed. Get this- they even have a complimentary photo ambassador employed by the hotel to take free photos of guests with their own cameras. As frequent travelers, we are typically on the hunt for a photographer to help us capture the memories from our travels, and frequently pay to hire someone for this service, but this time- Four Seasons beat us to the punch! Scott Miles (photo sample below) is an outstanding photographer and certainly a service we enjoyed at this hotel. Overall, Four Seasons is located in a prime location on a stunning beach and is a spectacular hotel that we will be returning to!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank Minnesota_TravelTeam
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Wow what a hotel and resort is this. Our Swiss travel agent already said it was one of the best hotels in the world but now we really expierenced it how a 5 star hotel should be. The Four Seasons in Maui has the talent to make your stay in this amazing but big hotel very personal. Everything is thought of and they help you with your personal needs. In your room you will find for example a beach bag, ideal for going to the beach, shopping or fitness equipment. There is Hawaiian coffee in your room, so they also help local business. A example form the Hotels personal service, As I need to inject myself medications I was putting old needles in a empty water bottle, to my suprise next day there was a special needle container for me to get rid of the needles. Also they give you two days before you leave some special plastic bags to put your dirty clothes in it. If you have any problem, the concierge, technical staff, and other staff immediatly react and take actions when needed. The hotel is surrounded by a stunning and luscious garden and beautifull plants and art work create a very cosy atmosphere. The hotel offers you a lot of activities and childeren a very welcome. Really everything is cared for. If you need anything the staff and it s employees are there to help you. The Pool service is great, not only will you provided with free water, sometimes they do a little extra as cooled cucumber and a refreshing moist towel for cooling. The restaurants are of a good quality and offer you all kinds of tastes. Make sure you book a Sea view table at Ferraro s to enjoy the stunning Mauian sunsets. Also join the Luau party the artists are very professional so you can experience some real Hawaiian dance and culture. The food at the party was delicious. The only remark I have is that the next time I will be here I do not want a room and the most left side of the building, which is on the side of the Suppliers entrance and waste/trash containers. Already in the early early morning you will be beeped out of your bed as trucks and cars drive in and out to this special lot. Also there is a lot of noise of the waste/trash containers and the trucks who pick it up. I know that that work also need to be done but it is very concentrated on this spot so if you stay in your room there a bit many moments when you here noise from these acivities. But hey, that is a minor thing in this little paradise. For the first time in my life I really got vacantion and that means a lot to me.

Room Tip: As i wrote do not book a room on the utter left side of the building (nose to the sea).
5  Thank Bobijntje
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I wanted a vacation where I could truly relax and Four Seasons not only met my expectations but exceeded them. Rooms are spacious with lots of room to store your luggage and assorted beach items; we had a boogie board, snorkels, fins, etc. We were upgraded to an ocean view instead of partial ocean view, we could see the ocean while lying in bed. The beds, linens, etc were all wonderful. They even put a chair cover on your lanai chairs. My only suggestion for improvement would be to change the make of the housecoats as I found them to be light but very hot. The pool and beach staff are fantastic and they set up chair covers, towels and umbrellas for you. Since many activities are included, we went on the ocean kayak and played tennis. There is a fee for scuba diving but we tried that and very much enjoyed the experience, I even held on octopus. Another nice bonus is the bell men will drive you to restaurants and other destinations in Wailea. I didn't have to drive anywhere for an entire week.
The staff are the true treasure. Everyone wants you to have a good time and are pleased to help in any way. Even my teenage sons (who are not very interested in most things) commented on how wonderful the staff are.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors are "club level" rooms. We have stayed twice and enjoyed having a...
3  Thank 4bigdogsCalgary
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We spent a week of an amazing and relaxing time at the Four Seasons, thanks in part to the great staff. The views of the ocean also helped put us in the right frame of mind. The place is absolutely beautiful, with great service from all staff we encountered. We relaxed by the pool and then just spent a great deal of our time overlooking the ocean from our room. We stayed right at home here, enjoying the incredible meals they had to offer. We had several outings and the best part was knowing we would be back to a great place to unwind, have a glass of wine and enjoy the incredible views.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Sheri R
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Four Seasons is beautiful, as expected. We were made to feel very welcome, even with two babies, as welcome as we have felt at 5 star resorts when we were baby-less. Tons of special amenities/services for kids. The rooms are really nice. Pool side service is amazing. Everything everywhere is super clean and you don't feel gross walking anywhere outside in your bare feet. Breakfast buffet is very good, a hair below The Grand Wailea in my opinion...because of the birds onsite and a few less ready-made choices, but it goes all the way till 11am. Spago is super delicious. Ferraro's Americanized Italian menu is a bit heavy for me when I'm in Hawaii. Super competent concierge. The gardens and water features are among the most beautiful I've ever seen. I definitely hope to return many times.

3  Thank RebekahAmir R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 8 in Wailea

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea? Share your experiences!