“Maui Perfection”
Review of Four Seasons

Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The Four Season property is beautiful, but what make the difference is the service the staff provides. Starting with our pre-arrival concierge and following through with everyone we encountered you are made to feel like they really care. The mission statement says they strive to live the golden rule in all aspects of their company and they really deliver. While it is an expensive property, you feel you are getting what you pay for and more.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This review is a bit delayed but here it is... my husband and I traveld to the Four Seasons Wailea on our honeymoon after spending 7 nights in the Grand Hyatt in Kauai. We could not have asked for a better experience. I have never met such a genuinely nice staff as those who work at the 4SW. From the parking attendants, to the front desk, to housekeeping, each person is nicer than the next. They genuinely care if your having a good trip, need assistance, ect. The parking attendants deserve a lot of credit as they always got our car quickly, had the AC going, fresh waters and towels in the car and tips for navigation. We told them that we were going to the Road to Hana and they packed the car with waters, towels, and plastic bags for our muddy shoes/clothes. We had a garden view room which was beautiful. A bottle of champagne and roses were waiting for us in our room at arrival. Nothing out of this world, but clean, comfortable, spacious, and quiet. The entire time we were at this resort, we felt relaxed and at ease. The resort is filled with beautiful flowers and tasteful decor. We never saw a piece of garbage, dirty table, ect. We spent most of our time by the adult pool which is amazing! Yes you need to wake up early to get seats, but it is so worth it! It's sucha tranquil escape with out of this world service. Want an umbrella, someone will set it up for you in under 1 minute. Glass of water no longer cold? Someone is already filling you up with a new glass. Finished eating your lunch? Your dishes will be cleaned up within 30 seconds of setting them aside. And with each of these, you are always addressed by your name. How they remember everyones name is beyond me. The beach was beautiful but the lounge chairs could use a little bit of updating. We did the free hawaiian canoe excursion which I highly recommend. Saw lots of turtles and a beautiful view of the hotel from the water. We didn't have a bad meal our entire time here. Ferraros is gorgeous at sunset! Try lots of their cocktails as we found each one to be better than the next. The 4SW is expensive, very expensive, however it is worth every penny. I truly felt like a celebrity the entire time I was there. I don't normally believe in traveling to the same destination/ hotel twice since there are so many places to see, but I will absolutly go back to this hotel! Just an FYI- there were many more kids that I expected at this hotel (and Hawaii in general) but I think that's because we went in August when school is out. If you want to avoid this, try going when school is in session.

Our final cherry on top of this beautiful hotel is when I asked the housekeeping service where they buy their oil diffusers that smell so heavenly. She printed out the website they ordered them from and left it in our room. After our final turndown service, what do you think was sitting on the dresser? A brand new unopened oil diffuser bottle for us to take home! Now that is service!

Room Tip: Try the blueberry mojito! Eat at ferraros at sunset! Get tips from the staff regarding driving direc...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sbny321
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The staff is amazing. They go out of their way to provide service with a smile. The menu is amazing with a wide variety of choices. The location is right on the beach and almost looks like a postcard.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We have just come back from a holiday of a lifetime at the four seasons maui!! Everything was perfect, the rooms, the staff, the food, the pools and the beach, we could not have asked for anything more. The conceiage were very helpful organising all our trips and activities, they went above and beyond, in sorting everything out for us. In all, it was a week of total bliss, thank you

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I just returned from the Four Seasons Resort at Wailea. From the moment I checked in we were cosseted and pampered. From the valet, who welcomed us "home" each time we returned from an excursion, to the hotel maids who refreshed the room twice a day, we were treated like royalty. The pool staff is unusually gracious. During the day we were offered mini-muffins, slices of pineapple or watermelon, water, moist towelettes and cucumbers, all of which eased the arduous task of basking in the warm Maui sunshine admiring the outstanding view overlooking the beautiful beach. My only complaint is that the hotel does not make it clear that in order to obtain a seat in a cabana or pretty much anywhere (other than the serenity pool) it is necessary be by the pool are at 6:15 or 6:30 am and to remain on the lounges until 7 am at which time the pool staff assign you to your lounge chairs for the day. I don't mind doing this, but it should be stated clearly. Instead it took me two days to figure this out on my own. Also, signs with the words "private cabana" would mysteriously appear on certain cabanas early in the morning, but it was not apparent to me that cabanas were available for rent. The hotel clearly states that the opuent cabanas at the Serenity Pool are for rent, but we were sitting in the waterfall pool area facing the beach. Were these simply celebrities or masters of the universe, entitled to special privileges, like the aging rock star and his talk show host that I saw were accorded this advantage? Despite this one irritating aspect I would return in a heartbeat.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

When you stay at a five star hotel, you expect that your time there will be special and memorable and boy was it ever!From our arrival until our departure FOUR SEASONS RESORT MAUI not only met, but exceeded our expectations. First of all the hotel and setting were just a beautiful lush tropical paradise. The staff were very friendly and most times even called you by name.The concierge SAM was exceptional and spot on with ideas of how to make our visit perfect, from things to do, to places to eat that should not be missed.

Our room was large and comfortable with a great ocean view. The beach was one of the best we have been to, and there are several great swimming pools.

Room Tip: Request a prime ocean view room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Prior to going to Maui, I researched hotels and read nearly every available review on this site and others. I was a little apprehensive about our ability to enjoy pool side chairs and cabanas. While it was a bit of a challenge on days we slept in, it really is a non issue. This minor inconvenience is greatly eclipsed by the fabulous spa, room service, concierge and staff. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: select a prime ocean front room. The view is worth the additional cost. We were able to see whales...
3  Thank HoustWeHaveAProblem
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Montage Kapalua Bay
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Four Seasons? Share your experiences!