“Quick Birthday Getaway”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
Danville, California
“Quick Birthday Getaway”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Very few places that I'd be on earth than here in January on my birthday. It's my third annual birthday trip here and I'm hoping to continue on with the tradition. Quick jaunt from NoCal. Easy. Slipped into vacation mode within moments of arrival. The Four Seasons makes this easy to do. Service and staff is awesome. Best place in Maui to stay (and I've stayed at all of the "biggies"). Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Todd W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,226)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cincinnati
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We just returned from a business trip at the Four Seasons. The hotel is beautiful. The pools are spectacular. The pool service, drinks and food fabulous. We especially enjoyed the serenity pool (the views there are amazing). The rooms were large and the hotel itself is very large...it took us a day to find all the secrete hideouts and activities. Maybe helpful to do a tour of hotel at check in. The beach was very beautiful, but small beach area. The small was nice. I recommend the cacoon treatment. When we were there we had two days of very windy and then calm weather, it's amazing the difference. The natural beauty of the area is amazing. We went whale watching with Alii Nui and that was one of the most amazing adventures of our lives! The snorkeling was OK, in January the water was a little cool. But, the whale watching and food/drinks on Alii Nui were amazing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mkini
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing! Beautiful, clean, and the service is superb! Great location with some of the best snorkeling right off the hotel beach. This is the hotel to beat in Maui for sure.

Pool area can get noisy at night for rooms overlooking the pool. That only happened to us one night though.

• Stayed February 2013
Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My family's stay durning the week between Christmas and New Year's at the Four Season in Maui was nothing short of spectacular. This hotel has it all--magnificent location; beautiful pools; superb service; large, comfortable rooms; excellent food and drink. The staff is a huge part of the magic of this hotel--every effort is made to make guests happy, and always done with a smile. From the minute we checked in, we were treated like VIPs. My biggest complaint was that we were so comfortable and content, we were reluctant to go off property and see the rest of Maui!
A world-class resort. Yes, it is expensive, but worth every penny. A vacation of a lifetime!

Room Tip: We had two adjoining rooms on the seventh floor (737-738) in the far corner of the hotel, which was...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mmm0692
Boston
Reviewed January 13, 2014

A lovely resort hotel situated on prime beach property with fantastic views. As appropriate for a tropical resort, the architecture is styled with breezy, open spaces that overlook the layered courtyard gardens and ocean. You certainly notice this more when the temperature drops and it is windy! But staff is on hand to set up heating lamps to keep you comfortable. Excellent staff and service who are attentive but unobtrusive. Genuinely polite and pleasant people.

Room Tip: Get an ocean-view or garden view room if you can. Beds tend to be on the soft side. Must try the om...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've stayed here a few times, and really, it's one of the best hotels in the world. I can't add any more to what's already been said. First class, five star, and all the service you've ever heard about, and more. Gorgeous setting. Beautiful pools. Fountains. Great great food. Grass tennis courts. Big room. Huge bathroom with amazing showers. Smells fantastic everywhere you walk. Service beyond compare. On and on and on. If you do not stay at this hotel when you are in Maui, well, then you don't really want a vacation of a lifetime.

Room Tip: Ocean view room, up high. Penthouse if you can afford it. Wowza.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank buddhamind
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Wow! That's all I can say.

Travelled to Maui in Feb 2013 for 10 days with my hubby. I'd read a number of times over the years about this hotel being one of the best in the world and kind of logged it in the back of my mind.

We are frequent travellers but this was the first time I'd been to Maui. It felt like a Scottsdale in the middle of the ocean and Wailea, in particular, was full of elderly people golfing. We initially checked into anothe hotel up on the mountain overlooking the Four Seasons. It was adequate.

The day we changed hotels and pulled up to the Four Seasons, I was blown away. The bell staff knows your name when you arrive. "Let us take your car. Let us take your bags. How are you? can we get you something to drink". Outstanding customer service from the moment you pull in.

Front desk was excellent and while we were being checked in, I asked suddenly if there was anything available on their "club floor". It's their special floor that has a private concierge, food and drinks and large sitting area.

Luckily for us, they had 1 room (last minute cancellation as these rooms are very hard to get).

Room: Beautiful large room on the 8th floor. Comfortable bed, large sitting area and champagne wishing us happy anniversary. Amazing shower. Everything you could need.

Concierge and lounge: Here they are trained to "read your mind" and I swear they do! Outstanding service...outstanding! A true testament to the club floor is this: People return year after year there to stay for months. That's why the room is so hard to come by. Food is delicisious. They will get you anything you want. And the other guests - wonderful. Great new friends and visits had. Loved it - if you can afford this upgrade do it.

Pool and staff - amazing: Do you need sunscreen? would you like a muffin? We just made chocolate chip cookies. Fresh towel? Wonderful

Restaurants - phenomenal. Spago's - wow. I commented to my husband that watching the wait staff at Spago's was like watching a finely orchestrated production. It's almost like they dance, quietly and professionally making sure you are taken care of. Food - outstanding. Their knowledge of their products at each restaurant was amazing. They are truly professional wait staff. BTW, they make a mean dirty martini at Spago's...to die for. Just like the sunset.

Spa: booked a 90 minutes massage and when this little woman came in, I wasn't sure she was going to be effective - after all, I'm a big girl. Best massage of my life. Not only did I drift off, but I'm sure I was drooling. She had magic hands and was truly skilled. Try it!

We travel alot. We travel around the world. We love to stay in beautiful places as we work hard and want to be pampered a bit.

What makes this hotel, besides its location and very comfortable set up, is the customer service. it is truly second to none and evident everywhere.

Have a great time!

Room Tip: If you can, get a room on the Club floor. Bit more expensive but truly worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank StephLB_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Montage Kapalua Bay
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Four Seasons? Share your experiences!