“Second visit as good as the first”
Review of Four Seasons

Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
Houston, Texas
“Second visit as good as the first”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We honeymooned here in 2010, and returned last week to celebrate our third anniversary. I can't put my finger on what makes this hotel so wonderful, but it really is my favorite vacation destination.

The service is nothing short of spectacular. From the valets to the wait staff to the pool servers, the FS staff acts like you are doing them a favor by letting them serve you. I've never seen anything like it.

The grounds are beautiful and perfectly maintained. It really is amazing how there is not a leaf out of place on the whole property. The adult pool is really fantastic. Yes it fills up by 9:00 or so, but you can put your name on a waiting list and the chairs really do turn over on a regular basis.

I can't wait to return!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,226)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
scottsdale
Reviewed November 26, 2013

From the time we drove up until the day we left we felt pampered. This property is meticulously maintained daily; the staff from the entrance to the desk to the pool to the beach is incredible. The rooms are terrific. We had a partial ocean view on a lower floor and though we would have liked a higher floor the location was still great. Room is spacious and extremely well laid out with lots of room in closets and drawers. Beach is great and the three pools and grounds are outstanding. Everyone is so accommodating. Plus great shops and different vendors show their art and jewelry daily. Overall, just a wonderful experience. We looked at other areas on Maui and decided that this was absolutely the best choice.

Room Tip: If you go for the partial ocean view request a higher floor.
champaign, Illinois
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We just returned from a stay at the Four Seasons November 14-22nd. We had booked a mountain view room and were upgraded to a garden view room when we checked in. I think this is a common practice if you are celebrating a special occasion and they have the availability. The resort is amazing, plain and simple. The service is impeccable. The room was beautiful and spacious. You can see some wear and tear in the room but this did not affect our overall experience. Our favorite aspect of the hotel was the Serenity Pool. You must spend some time there. We walked over to the Marriot, Grand Wailea, and Fairmont and the Four Seasons blew them all away. I would note that we do not have kids. Kids would probably like the pool at Grand Wailea better. There are no waterslides, etc at Four Seasons. A few tips to save $$. They serve food until 5:30 at the pool. The food is great. I would grab an early dinner there a few nights. Dinner at Ferraros, Duo and Spago are expensive and I can't see them being very kid friendly. Another tip would be to grab snacks at the Shops of Wailea. The Four Seasons has a very small store onsite with just a few food items. You can also walk next door to the Grand Wailea for a more budget friendly breakfast at their Kula cafe. Also, the Four Seasons has occasional food and drink specials that they do not promote online. You will find all current specials on a flyer in your room when you arrive. The island of Maui was great, but not as amazing as we were expecting. So the hotel really made the trip.

Room Tip: Mention when you reserve your room if you are celebrating a special occasion.
2 Thank sidney14
Telluride
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Warning, this will be long, but hopefully helpful! I read trip advisor reviews leading up to our trip so I wanted to "return the favor" in hopes that my review might help others! First off- we stayed for 11 nights in a Executive Suite Prime Ocean View- it was on the inside of the U only a few rooms down from the ocean, so it was not Ocean FRONT, but I think about as close to that as you can get without spending 3,000 a night.
It had a beautiful view of the interior gardens and a really nice view of the ocean from both terraces as well as from the living area of the suite. Nice little dining table fridge etc as you walk in, then small living area with pull out couch TV and lanai. French door separate that area and the bedroom, bathroom and bedroom Lanai. As a lot of people have mentioned, the bathrooms are very spacious and beautiful. I have to say though that I was really disappointed by their toiletries (shampoos, conditioners etc.) for such a high end hotel I would expect better. I used them once and then never again. The smell was not great and the conditioner barely worked on my hair. Not high quality at all. Places like. Cap Juluca in Anguilla have Bvlgari products that smell so wonderful I can't wait to jump in the shower when I get back from the beach, that's what I was expecting at 4S Maui.
We have 2 little girls (6 years old and 9 months old) and and when we arrived the room was set up with sweet treats and stuffed animals for them as well as babyproofed for our littlest one. This resort is super family friendly and will accommodate your every need for your children (we got a pack and play set up by our cabana every day) It is very true that everyone who works here seems genuine in their desire to help you have a wonderful stay- it does not seems forced at all. Serenity pool seems a bit over rated if I'm being honest. I was so excited to see it and have the occasional Mommy/Daddy down time, but other than the infinity pool being incredible and the view spectacular, it seemed like a bit of a "scene" to me- people looking to be seen. Also, when I did go up there, there were quite a few drunk adults that we're being louder and less well behaved then my children down at the kiddie pool. Our favorite spots were the cabanas and cassebellas overlooking the ocean. We went to all 3 restaurants multiple times - Ferraros is GREAT, the DUO raw bar is great- as is Trey who works it. Spago we went to only once- it was not the same as Spago LA- same way Il Mulino is not the same outside of NYC. Our favorite meals were actually off property. Mama's Fish House and Honu in Lahina. Booking through what-a-hotel is a must. You get the breakfast buffet daily or $95 worth of breakfast room service. Kids club was incredible, especially Michelle. We had to tell our 6 year old this was a family vacation and we missed her to get her to leave she would have stayed there 9-5 everyday if we would had let her!
We were disappointed that the lobby bar was not open in the afternoons! It is such an incredible view and seems like such a wasted huge area to only be open in the evenings. The grounds are incredible and the attention to detail and cleanliness is better than any resort I have ever been to. I woke up so early the first few days and went down for coffee in the lobby at 4 AM. There were men down there polishing the railings, dusting the wood door frames with big smiles on their faces wishing me a good morning.. Impressive. All in all we could not Haagen asked for a better trip and look forward to visiting again soon!

Room Tip: Ocean view prime is your best bet for an incredible view without spending a fortune on ocean front.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank 464jessicab
toms river
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was my third time to this hotel and we plan to stay every year for at least 8 days. The staff, location, concierge desk, rooms etc are fantastic. We wouldn't even think of staying somewhwere else for our vacation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I won't really address the Hotel itself, everything has already been said. I'd like to address those handful of people who rated it 1 star, as this was my only concern prior to booking it. The fact is if you actually read the 1 star reviews, these are just miserable people writing them, small issues being blown way out proportion, all because they felt entitled because they paid a lot of money for their rooms, well guess what we all paid a lot of money to be there, so get over yourself. For the most part, it is what you make it, in life and on vacation and if you choose to go into this place with the mindset that because you've paid a lot of money for the room, you are hence entitled to use expired credit cards, demand services from staff, not tip anyone and expect everything to be complimentary, then maybe you should go to a Sandals or ask yourself "Can I really afford this?". The fact is this place is amazing, one of the best places I have ever stayed and I've stayed in them all, do not let the 80 or so bad reviews out weigh the 2,500+ extraordinary ones.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jack B
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was the last place we stayed during our anniversary trip to Hawaii. After more than a week of activities, this was supposed to be our place of quiet and solace. We couldn't have chosen better really. We were spoiled and treated like royalty. The staff at FS Maui took care of all the little details from the time we checked in until the time we departed. We booked through "Whatahotel.com" and we got a nice deal. We got a free upgrade to an ocean view room, breakfast buffet for two and a $100 credit. They even gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne because it was our anniversary. He even brought a rose with the bottle, nice touch.

The room was quite big and view was wonderful. They have a selection of pillows that you can choose from. You can play music in the bathroom.The pools were also alright and the serenity pool was busy and quite loud with groups of people hogging the hot tubs. If you just want to lounge around, then they've a lot of cabanas that you can use. We couldn't use the snorkels or paddle boats because we were busy doing nothing.

Overall, I would say it was probably the best place we have stayed in a long time. We left with great memories and would definitely come back next time we visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Montage Kapalua Bay
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Four Seasons? Share your experiences!