“Loved It!!!!”

Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
“Loved It!!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2004

This is closest you can get to heaven without going thru the Pearley Gates. Service was outstanding. Must do the breakfast buffet, outstanding. Service and staff are first rate. Rooms are very clean. I would suggest if ypu never been to Maui take a land tour to the rain forest.

If I go back to Maui I will stay at the Four Seasons. Thanks.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
columbus, oh
Reviewed March 16, 2004

We stayed at the Four Seasons in early February. After a stay at the Grand Wailea two years ago, I was dubious that The Four Seasons could measure up. It surpassed my expectations in every way. The service was amazing - personal, friendly without being slavish, helpful in every way. The design is restful and inspiring at the same time. I spent a morning just looking at artwork on the grounds. The rooms were perfectly comfortable and elegant without being overstated. Our room was one of the farthest from the lobby, which I wasn't sure I'd like, but it had compensatory features that made me love it. All the included extras, like the snorkel equipment and the scuba lessons make me feel like we were getting our money's worth. Spago meals were great. The room service was fast and delicious. We used their concierge for horseback and helicopter selections and both vendors were aboslutely charming. We had no problems getting a cabana by the pool. I also loved the spa and yoga on the beach in the morning. My only warning is don't plan on using the business center. It's horribly expensive. I can't wait to return to this beautiful hotel for another visit.

6 Thank boomersofcmh
Tecumseh MI
Reviewed March 13, 2004

The Four Seasons was perfect! The room was very spacious and the bed like a cloud. The bathroom was extra large and everything was spotless. We especially liked that they didn't nickel and dime you to death. Complimentary valet parking, lei greeting, snorkel equipment for one hour each day, cabanas, the list goes on...

1 Thank madsmom
Reviewed March 11, 2004

If you can afford to stay at the Four Seasons do it (although stay at the one on the big island -- even better!). The hotel is beautiful and and the staff is friendly. We stayed for 8 days, and despite very bad weather, had a wonderful time--mostly because we had such a nice room.
We splurged on the prime ocean view room and it was worth it. We could sit on our terrace (even when it was raining) and watch whales go by.
We also stayed on the club for and had the bed a breakfast package -- both were worth it as food prices on the island are through the roof.
There were great programs for kids as well.

The cabanas at the pool do get taken early, but given that an attendant on the beach will set up a chair for you (with a cover) and bring you ice water all day long - who wants to sit by the pool anyhow.

The other good thing about this property is its size. The Grand Wailea and the Fairmost (on either side) are huge and feel huge with lots of noise and people. Although the Four Seasons is still good sized, it is a much more intimate feeling place.

Other than the Cape Grace in Cape Town South frica, this was the nicest hotel that we have stayed, but of course it is at a price!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 23, 2004

We stayed here for a wonderful week in October while we celebrated our 15th anniversary. Everyone on the staff pays just the right amount of attention to you--not obnoxious, just very nice! I have been spoiled for all other hotels!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 16, 2004

I flew to Oahu to attend a friend's wedding and decided to spend my remaining vacation days in Maui by pampering myself at the hotel and spa. Amid honeymooners and families, I was concerned about being self-concious being a single female traveler! The bellman who escorted me to my room gave me several restaurant suggestions at both the resort, the Kea Lani and the local areas, where I can enjoy a meal as a single traveler, rather than ordering room service. Having spent a few childhood years in Oahu, I also inquired about where I can find "butterfish" and "malasadas" and he told me he'd get back to me with recommendations. Next day, he spots me in the lobby and personally listed the 'local' hangouts along with directions. The places I tried hit the spot for me. The service throughout the hotel was beyond excellent and everyone greeted me by name by my second day.

I do agree with the honeymooners from Toronto ("Kihei: Four Seasons Resort Maui: "Paradise? Depends on what you are looking for..." ), that it can be pretty crowded --getting up early to secure a poolside place isn't really 'lounging'. For this reason, its best to make the most of the Spa. The Thai massage was INCREDIBLE and the Cocoon and bath package, along with a cranial-sacral massage was very relaxing. My masseusse, who took care of me during the Cocoon and bath treatments, packed bath salts for me to bring back home, since she didn't use it all during my treatment. The spa rooms were very well appointed and elegant -- much nicer than the bling bling Grand Wailea (looks like Vegas in Hawaii!).

Also, a 5 minute drive south of the resort are two beaches much more beautiful and wider than the hotel beachfront. One is called "Big Beach" and another is unmarked, just go through the two orange posts.
The unmarked beach is black sand and my friends spent a day there snorkeling and saw many sea turtles (another local recommendation).

Also, one point that the Toronto reviewer made about the leis is misguided. The leis made of leaves are not from 'orchid vines' but from ti leaves. These are also traditional leis for men and are considered a form of good luck. Please don't consider this as poor quality as the Four Seasons is actually being consistent with the Hawaiian culture.

• Stayed October 2003
6 Thank mespirit
Reviewed February 13, 2004

Our FS experience began when we pulled into valet parking. We had already been on the island for a few days and our car was a disaster, I wanted to get organized before the valet come over. To our suprise he got right in there and did all of the dirty work crawling around in the car, collecting our things while we stood back in utter amazement. The smiles and warm feelings the staff provided made us feel like we were their best friends and they were proud to have staying at their home.
Having fresh pineapple slices, popsicles and ice water regularly brought to us beach and poolside was a more than welcome treat.
Whenever anything was needed from roomservice we were always amazed with the promptness. This is also a beautiful resort. Our only complaint was our mountainside room. The resort was completely booked and this room was our only option. The mountains were beautiful, it was the lanai over the parking lot we objected too. Also there is a very noisy, twisting road very close to the rooms. The truck traffic reminded us more of being in downtown Chicago during rush hour, than Maui at sunset. Too bad the resort was built this way, it seems this problem should have been addressed then. Our advice is avoid these rooms, and enjoy an unbelievably pampered experience.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Montage Kapalua Bay
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Four Seasons? Share your experiences!