We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Four Seasons resort in Maui at Wailea. The location is about half an hour from the airport. A taxi will cost around $60. You can rent cars at the hotel if you need to take trips anywhere.
Our suite was beautiful. Two bathrooms, a separate bedroom and a living room with sofa bed and dining table. Two outside terraces. The items left for the children (aged 8 and 10) were perfect. I actually can't fault this place. The KIDS FOR ALL SEASONS activities were amazing and the children actually wanted to return again and again. The games room with gaming devices, ping pong, pool etc was perfect for a change to being in the sun. We never had a problem finding a nice spot by the pool. There are a large number of irritating people who go down to the pool and "reserve" seats at 7.00 in the morning to ensure they get their "spot", but frankly it isn't necessary. Having said that, the serenity pool, located at the upper level, and for adults only, is anything but serene. It was crowded, noisy and full of people posing. I'll take the kids pool thanks! If you want to choose a fairly low key, quiet spot, choose a cabana or chairs by the waterfall. Staff will put up shade umbrellas where they are required. Pool service is the best I have encountered and the pool side food and drinks were amazing. Suntan creams are available for all guests. Cold towels come around every once in a while and my water glass was constantly re-filled.
There are numerous activities which are available daily including water aerobics and yoga. Almost all activities are included in the room price so you do get good value (including the kids club). Having said that, the room price, food and drink is all expensive. The average cocktail is around $15 and main course meals vary from $30 to $45. The food was absolutely excellent everywhere we went. Our room also included a $90 credit for breakfast. This could be used towards room service breakfast or the restaurant breakfast. Go to Spago's. The food is incredible.
The concierge desk is extremely helpful and no problem was too big. They even took the trouble to double check some of my arrangements just to ensure everything would run smoothly. My husband required a spanner in the room. Someone came up within 4 minutes with a selection.
Be aware of the preferred taxi service that they do run the meter and don't try to give you a fixed price. More often than not, the meter will run cheaper than a fixed price.
Fantastic place, fantastic staff.... just fun, fun, fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a floor-to-ceiling transformation in the guest rooms, suites and beyond, the all new Four Seasons Resort Maui is taking perfection to new heights. Experience a better place to see, be seen, and be unseen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotwire, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea Hotel Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui Wailea
- Four Seasons Wailea
- Wailea Four Seasons