Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
$579
Hyatt.com
$1,804
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $2,006/night.

5,635 results
All reviewsserenity poolour honeymoontop notchclub levellobby loungethe ritzice watercold towelsping pongworth every pennymain poolocean viewwaiting listpineappleoutrigger canoeimpeccable serviceadult pool
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 weeks in May 2012 for our honeymoon. From start to finish this place was fabulous. We booked a car service from the concierge to pick us up from the airport, and one of the friendlies people I ever met, Sam, was the first one to greet my wife and me at the gate. He walked us down to pick up our bags and provided an overview of Maui and answered any questions we had. In the car, refreshing towels and bottled water were waiting for us. The driver was also very friendly, providing restaurant recommendations (I asked him where he eats and he provided some GREAT local spots) and also answered any other questions we had.

Check-in was quick and we were upgraded to a suite. Room was nice and big with a huge bathroom. A welcome gift was waiting for us from the hotel, congratulating us on our wedding. The pillows were very uncomfortable, but I found out from the resort's iPhone application that they offer something like 4-6 pillow options! I selected the one that was best for us and we never had a problem.

Service is amazing all over the resort from the restaurants to the pools and beaches. The concierge was also helpful by assisting with a car rental, booking day trips such as snorkeling, and recommending stops along the "Road to Hana". They also provided us a cooler and ice for our trip.

As other reviews have stated, the valets here are a great group of guys. They are friendly and very helpful. I told one valet the night before we were heading off to Black Rock beach and the next day the trunk of our Mustang was filled with beach chairs and towels. Also, they NEVER have their hands out for a tip. I often had to chase these guys down to give them their well deserved gratuity.

If I have one issue with this place it is, as other reviews pointed out, the pools. The main pool is way too small and does have children. The adult or Serenity pool is great. Rowena and Danny the bartender were so friendly (Danny makes a mean blueberry mojito). We elected to book the luxury cabanas 4 days during our stay. If you are planning on spending the whole day at the pool, or do not want to deal with the line at 7:00 AM, I say it is worth it, but book in advance. One of our days in the cabana, a very loud wedding party crashed the Serenity Pool. The servers and management let this go on for some reason. I let it go, but did contact hotel management after our stay. Mr. Kristen Whyly contacted me personally to extend his apology and also extended a more than generous offer to my wife on our next visit (which I hope will be soon). I do agree that a possible policy change may be needed for the Serenity Pool as I did witness chairs with belongs on them that were empty of people that went on for way longer than pool policy allows.

For dining we had:
Duo for breakfast - great and was included in our package.
Poolside lunch - average and expensive. Avoid the margarita pizza, especially if you are used to great pizza.
Ferraro's for dinner - expensive, but great. Try to get there right before sunset as you will have amazing views over Wailea beach.
We had room service 2 nights. Great service and food. They also allow you to order off menu.
We avoided Spago as many people told me it was not good.

Our worst day there was obviously the day we had to check out. This had nothing to do with the hotel, we were very depressed we had to leave. As a thank you, the staff sent up a parting gift for us. As we were about to leave, Sam was waiting for us by the car to take us back to the airport. We said our good-byes and we promised him we will return.

Thank you Four Seasons staff for making our honeymoon a true memorable experience. We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PWHerman
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel and grounds were even more amazing than the photos suggest. The service was the best I've experienced. Directly on a great beach stretch, walking distance to shopping/dining (not to mention the great spots within the hotel), and a short drive from local towns.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Loved the pools. Food good, but the big island Four Seasons was better. Great staff. Great beach. Loved the workout room. Great concierge and valet. No self parking. Comfy rooms and beds. Free cabanas!! Nice walk along beach to all the local resorts.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lizz123
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've been staying at the Four Seasons the last 3 nights, leaving tomorrow, and it has been great. The hotel has large, beautifully appointed public spaces with a variety of bars and restaurants available - I've been to a few, and they've all been great.

The room was a full ocean view, which was better than I had booked, and was large and comfortable, and with easy access to the pool and beach.

I get what some of the reviews have meant about the pool area being small, but I've had no challenges it's getting a lounger at all times of day - sometimes on the lawn overlooking the beach, sometimes by the pool, and sometimes in one of the little hideaway areas around the property. Wherever I've been, I've been well looked after, for food, drinks and delightful chilled nibbles that they brought round. It's been a very slight shame that there are no loungers on the beach, but that had not caused any challenges.

It's also an easy walk to the other hotels in Wailiea, giving a wide range of restaurant choices, and to the shopping centre. But, I do think that you need to rent a car on Maui as there's not a huge amount to do without travelling quite big distances. If you do travel, Lahaina is well worth a visit - we browsed amongst art galleries, restaurants and shops - and also a helicopter tour. We didn't book the helicopter until the day, and got a great rate!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Jordan1964
Reviewed May 31, 2013

we expect the best from this group and this property is at the top of their list. stellar service that is their trademark. excellent dining options and a beautiful location.
there is limited lounge chairs available and as I have read in other reviews, it can be a challenge to secure one, especially if you want one overlooking the ocean. if you are looking for a real luxury resort, i cant imagine another one that can compare.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple