Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
Hale Ho'omana(Makawao)
5,547 results
All reviewsserenity poolour honeymoontop notchclub levellobby loungeice waterping pongworth every pennycold towelsmain poolocean viewwaiting listpineappleoutrigger canoeimpeccable serviceadult poolpool staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2008

The Four Seasons Maui was superb!!! The hotel grounds and pool area are beautiful. We reserved a garden view executive suite (about 850 sf) for 7 nights. When we arrived they greeted us by name and directed us to the check in gave us a lilac scented wash cloth and then showed us to our room.

The room was beautiful plus we had a box of cookies plus fresh candy waiting for us. For my daughter, they left an underwater camera and a "beachy" picture frame for her. Nice touch. The bathroom is ginormous with a deep tub and great bath products.

When I made the reservation I contacted the hotel directly. Please be aware that they will make you give a 2 night deposit when reserving a room. We didn't have any problems with that but I could see where some last minute changes in someone's plans could cost you a night or two without refund.

We loved the pool area. We didn't have any problems with getting a cabana when we needed one. One of the pool guys named Shawn was a real standout. Always ready to help with whatever you need with a smile. Basically, we never wanted to leave the resort. We rented a car for one day to drive to Lahaina but it's a real tourist trap. It was described as an old fishing village but it's a main street with t-shirt shops and stores. This wasn't a big deal but I'm not sure that we will ever go back.

The food at all 3 restaurants was above average. It was good but for these prices it should be outstanding. Breakfast is $32 for the full buffet and $28 for Wailea buffet which is more of a continental fare. We ate at the buffet every morning and started to tire of it a little bit by the end of our trip. Don't get me wrong, it was tasty but would have liked to venture out to try something else. We loved ordering lunch by the pool. That was a real treat.

My daughter and I made reservation for a hiking trip which is totally worth it. It was a three hour trip down a mountain and back up. If you go hiking make sure to bring insect repellent. Those mosquitoes are man eaters out there.

We also had the concierge make reservations for a luau at the Marriott Wailea 2 properities down the beach. The food was good and we enjoyed the show but now that we experienced it once not sure we would do it again.

The true test of the resort came when I sliced my foot open while on the beach. Security came down to help and realized that the cut was much more than could be handled by a band-aid. They whisked me over to the Grand Wailea next door where there was a Dr. on call. 12 shots and 13 stitches later I was all patched up. Luckily this was our last day and were leaving for the airport a couple of hours after this happened. Also, if you have to see the Dr. at Resort Medicine with will cost you cash or credit card. They don't except insurance and it was $545 out of pocket. But I was grateful that they were there. Since we had to check out of our room before our flight and I wasn't able to walk, the FS resort let us use the Aloha suite until we were ready to leave for the airport.

Overall, we loved, loved, loved, the resort and had a wonderful time and would definitely return. The staff is top notch and so friendly. They work their rears off to make sure that everything is just perfect for you. I don't have any complaints. If you're not happy here, you wouldn't be happy anywhere. ;-)

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
6  Thank Midwest14
Reviewed May 14, 2008

I concur with all of the glowing reviews about Four Seasons at Wailea. The resort is classy and stylish, with beautiful, airy public spaces and large, comfortable guest rooms. The beauty of the place cannot even compare to the customer service, which is fantastic: the staff is constantly smiling and calling you by name. Just the service poolside, with cold towels, tropical drinks, offerings of fresh fruit and sunscreen is worth the room price.

The "Partial Ocean View" room my partner and I shared was great - you can see from the attached photos that it was spacious and had a terrific view of the gardens and ocean beyond. Bed is super comfortable, the bathroom HUGE and the balcony large enough to lounge and enjoy a meal on. Air conditioning is super cold - add the ceiling fan and you can comfortably sleep on even the hottest Hawaiian evening. Only complaint about the room (and the whole resort) is that the carpet (which was recently replaced as part of an overhaul of all guest rooms) was filthy dirty, with spill stains throughout the room. Very un-Four Seasons.

Food was great throughout the resort. Spago for dinner was well worth the money: terrific service, mouth-watering entrees and a super view of the beach and ocean. Ferraro's for lunch poolside was also very good, if pricey - the turkey club I had was piled high with freshly-roasted turkey, avocado and thick bacon. We had the breakfast buffet at Duo as part of our package - it's large and filled with a lot of good stuff, but probably not worth the pice of $35 per person.

Spa experience was only average, in my opinion. I was not escorted to the locker area ad shown the facilities, and I think it's odd to ask guests to go to the locker rooms behind the check-in desk, then emerge with their robes on and cross in front of the check-in (where others are arriving) to then go into the treatment waiting room. I had the scrub, wrap and massage package, and the first two segments were enjoyable, but the "Mele Wailea" massage was perhaps the most odd and uncomfortable treatment I have ever experienced. The therapist seemed to be concerned mostly with pushing on my pressure points with all of his strength, to the point of it being unbearable.

Took the recommendation of the concierge to eat at Capische, a restaurant located at the Diamond Resort a short distance from the Four Seasons. It was TERRIFIC - romantic setting, beautiful views and excellent food.

All in all, a great resort and well worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank rickh710
Reviewed May 13, 2008

I got married on the seasons lawn with a group of 50 people. It was absolutely amazing. Every detail was considered. The property is gorgeous. Very well appointed. Service is impeccable - outstanding. Staff was great - every single person. The rooms are a little small, but very well taken care of.

Food in the hotel is great - best brunch ever! Spago is fantastic. The spa was luxurious. Gym is awesome - they have gatorade in pretty canisters and towels soaked in lemon water.

Lemon water, sunscreen, sunglass cleaners, fruit balls, water spritzes, fluffy lounge covers - all available the pool & beach.

Not a single complaint. Worth every penny. Raised the bar very high for what a luxury hotel should be. Will be back many times in the years to come.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank blckscream
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Four Seasons Maui is splendid. There's plenty of great, thorough reviews so I will hit the highlights from our week there:
We had an ocean view room and I would recommend that for first timers - otherwise the various "mountain side" packages that they occasionally offer would be suitable for a return trip if the view isn't that important to you.
Spago's is great. Having dined at Spago's in Palo Alto and in Southern Cal, we feel Spago at FS Maui is the best. We dined here twice and especially enjoyed the ahi tuna cones.
We dined our first night at Ferraro's and then returned for lunch once. It is a nice, quiet atmosphere accented with tiki torches. We went to DUO once at the end of our trip, but wish we tried it earlier - in order to return. Spago is wonderful and was always full (yet no issue with service), while DUO was less crowded. DUO's food is great and the service impeccable.
If you are looking for a light dinner, try appetizers and small plates in the lobby bar. We really enjoyed it and there was live music.
The beach is great and the pool is similarly wonderful. We rented a convertible and made it to Hana, to the top of the volcano for sunset (excellent). The FS staff will pack you a blanket and other goodies if you mention to them in advance that you are heading up there. We were pleased to have the blanket as it gets quite cold up there. We also drove up through Lahaina; we spent 5 mins there and found that too much time! I recommend buying the book Maui Revealed as it has great tips. After Lahaina, we navigated up the northwest side of the island and enjoyed a very laid back casual day hiking into waterfalls, enjoying banana bread at a little street side stand and buying fresh fruit. On our return, the FS noticed us carrying in mango, papaya, pineapple, etc and they offered to prepare it for us whenever we would like. Another nice little extra.
As we were there for a honeymoon, they sent delivered at least one special gift every day - usually 2 or more. Champagne, fruit, chocolates, etc. It was very nice. The room service here is outstanding.
Strongly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled as a couple
8  Thank FlyingFrequently
Reviewed May 3, 2008

My wife and I have stayed in Wailea on two separate vacations over the last two years and we absolutely love the area. We haven’t had a bad day during either trip and the weather has always been incredible. Wailea gets less rain than most areas on Maui and you are almost assured having a sun-filled vacation.

Our first time in Wailea was spent at the Fairmont Kea Lani, which was a wonderful property. This time, we spent our vacation at the Four Seasons, which was also an incredible resort. If I had to choose between the two, I’d probably give a slight nod to the Four Seasons, but I would stay at the Fairmont if I secured a room at a better price. We liked the overall service/decorations/work-out facility and spa better at the Four Seasons. However, we preferred the grounds, beach and size of the rooms at the Fairmont. The restaurants are comparable, but I’d probably give a slight advantage to the Four Seasons; however, the tropical drinks were better at the Fairmont. Basically, you can’t go wrong with either property.

Before checking into the Four Seasons, I e-mailed the concierge some dining requests and asked them to schedule a couple’s massage for me and my wife. The concierge had everything perfectly arranged for us and we were provided with written confirmation upon our arrival. I highly recommend getting a massage shortly after you arrive. It helps to alleviate any jet-lag you may have.

The pool area and resort common areas are absolutely exquisite. The work-out facilities are top notch for a hotel. We really enjoyed the food options, especially Ferraro's Italian Restaurant (try the pizza special for lunch with prosciutto and truffle oil—absolutely amazing). Two dining choices not located on the resort grounds, but only a short ride away, are Da Kitchen and Capiche. Da Kitchen is a local restaurant which serves authentic Hawaiian rice plate dishes. It is not fancy, but is reasonably priced and tasty. Capiche is an excellent Italian restaurant located 5 minutes from the Four Seasons at the Diamond Head Resort. The food is great and it has a very romantic atmosphere. The tables are positioned to have excellent views of the Maui sunsets. Try to get a reservation slightly before the sun is scheduled to set and you won’t be disappointed. Reservations can be hard to secure, but the concierge should be able to help you. Also, the hotel will provide transportation so you can enjoy some cocktails with dinner worry-free.

Overall, the staff of the Four Seasons is extremely professional, if somewhat plastic. They really go out of the way to make sure you’re feeling pampered. The pool staff was good, but there were some lapses in poolside service. Some days they were extremely attentive, and other days they seemed somewhat distracted. The hotel provides fruit infused water at various locations around the pool and their sun tan lotion is fantastic (we purchased some bottles at the Spa to take home).

The rooms are luxurious and roomy. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a partial ocean view room and it was appreciated. The maid staff does a fantastic job—the rooms were spotless. The pillows were slightly uncomfortable, and the spa admitted that they caused many guests to have a stiff neck (which the spa will be happy to help cure). If you are a stomach sleeper, you may want to request an alternative choice in pillows.

The Four Seasons Maui is a true 5-Star resort. It is perfect for romantic vacations, honeymoons or families with older children. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay and we plan on returning in the not so distant future.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple