This is an amazing hotel! The service and decor is second to none.
It is not on our usual itinerary to stay at a place as opulent and expensive as this, but it was something we will never forget.
Things that we enjoyed:
*Atmosphere- everything is gorgeous and clean
*Service is impeccable
*upgraded room for our honeymoon
*kindness of staff members
*a fancy sunset dinner at Ferraro's
*swim-up bar at Serenity pool
Things that we did while on the island:
*sunrise at Haleakala
*Road to Hana
*a night out in downtown Lahaina
Things that we wished we would have done:
*actually stayed at the hotel to enjoy it more!
*left the hotel to go eat elsewhere, more often
Things that we didn't enjoy
*how expensive everything was
*the amount of tipping that goes with this service...when you're used to carrying your own luggage and parking your own car, you're just not used to tipping everyone all the time
*having to be up at before 7am to secure a spot at the Serenity pool (the adult pool 21 and up only)
If you want a decadent and expensive experience, and want to rub elbows with people with big sunglasses and expensive bags, go here. You will love it here! You will be treated like royalty and you can easily spend days by the pools or on the beach.
If you want a laid back atmosphere, or plan on sight-seeing on the island and spending very little time at the hotel, don't stay here...unless you just like to spend money. You will kick yourself that you stayed at this gorgeous and amazing hotel and didn't get to enjoy any time there.
If we could have done this over again, we would have stayed a lower-key place for the days we spent traveling around the island all day and spent two our three nights at this hotel where all we would do is hang out by the pool or beach or enjoy fancy meals at night.
Do the breakfast buffet at least once, as it is very tasty! Also, our two favorite people were bar tenders Danny (at the Serenity pool) and Joseph (Ferraro's.) Also, my husband had a great diving experience with one of the on-site dive insturctors, Phil.
Overall, we can only say wonderful things about the hotel. If this is not your usual accomodation, make sure you make time just to stay at the hotel and enjoy it...just consider leaving for a few meals to eat locally, as it will save you a ton of money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a floor-to-ceiling transformation in the guest rooms, suites and beyond, the all new Four Seasons Resort Maui is taking perfection to new heights. Experience a better place to see, be seen, and be unseen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Otel, getaroom.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea Hotel Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui Wailea
- Four Seasons Wailea
- Wailea Four Seasons