“Don't bother”

The Market by Capische
Ranked #32 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't bother”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

This place is just an insult to anyone that comes from a city with fantastic cafe and coffee culture such as ours (Melbourne). Horrible coffee, disorganised service and workflow. Complete amateurs. This place could so easily be improved
1. Take orders from behind the deli counter not at the kitchen
2. Make real coffee and employ a barista not pods made by wait staff
3. Display salads and food options in the deli case rather than dried up pasta. So customers can order salads.,
4. Give water to your customers esp on request!
5. Provide adequate seating outside
6. Add ingredient labels to the drinks in the fridge
7. Put food consumed at your tables on a plate not in a paper bag
8. Get rid of the sad looking vegetables in the primary floor space

Probably not even worth reading this review as they are unlikely to be in business in 6 months time.
Just keep walking ....

2 Thank burlon67

Wailea, Hawaii
“It has potential, but still very inconsistent...”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We like the idea of having a gourmet market in our area, so we have been to The Market 3 times since it opened. The first time I got a Caprese Panini and my husband the Hoagie.
I paid the extra $3.00 for added meat and they add one thin slice of Lomo, as thin as a slice of prosciutto, the meat is not even in the whole sandwich, but it was good, I specially like the arugula, and expected that when I ordered again yesterday, but it was lettuce instead, I was a little disappointed.
My husband asked for his Cumin Aioli on the side, he was not sure if he was going to like it, and for his surprise he noticed he got charged for "dressing on the side",WOW!
We decided to try the waffles one morning, and we asked for the mactella and banana waffles. We got waffles with strawberries (I'm allergic), so we pointed out to them, that we got the wrong order and they did nothing to fix the order, totally ignored it. So I had to order a breakfast sandwich and that was good. So you never know what you are going to get, is a gamble, but their ingredients are great, just wish they charged more than $3.00 but give me a little more meat, 1 slice is not enough. We are good tippers and don't mind paying extra for quality food.

• Visited June 2014