“live music at dinner”

Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pi'ilani Hwy.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just like the other TB restaurants - good food. Not inexpensive, however. Lovely outdoor dining with live music.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We visited Tommy Bahamas for our last dinner before heading home from our holidays. I hate to admit it but my initial thoughts before actually going were that this was going to be average food and the atmosphere lacking but good for families. I was wrong - it was really really good food, athmosphere and family friendly. The kids loved their steak and we all loved our main courses. The service from our waiter Byron was really good. He was very friendly and you could tell he loved Hawaii and working there. In fact the staff all appeared to be very friendly with each other and it had a good work atmosphere. The desserts were amazing. My husband and I shared the Pina Colada cake - it was huge! I would highly recommend visiting this restaurant.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our group of 7 went to Tommy Bahama's for a light dinner after a big lunch at Mama's Fish House earlier in the day and a late afternoon exploring the shops and galleries in Makawao.
Service was not at its best as our server would disappear for extended periods, a couple of orders were mixed up and we wound up pouring almost all of our wine ourselves.
Food was a mixed Some of it was very good, other dishes just OK, and a couple less than good.
The very good: Ahi tuna tacos, smokehouse Angus hamburger and the killer pina colada cake. The OK: Crispy fish sandwich, grilled chicken salad and the drinks (grapefruit basil martini and Bahia sangria), other than our wine. Not so good: Scallop sliders (seriously underdone, not a hint of sear on the scallops) and triple chocolate cake (serve COLD and not much chocolate flavor in the cake, ganache or mousse filling).
Altogether, a bit disappointing -- especially compared to the extraordinary meal at Mama's just six hours earlier.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great Happy Hour! The Martinis are delicious and well worth it.

Great bartenders as well.

Wish the music started earlier.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Katie at the bar is a consummate professional who does an excellent job making each of her customers feel welcome and engaged.

The food here is dependably good, although I must admit that I was disappointed in the coconut (?????) crusted crab cake, which I found to be mediocre at best, no coconut to be found and very little taste overall. Excellent specialty drinks and I'll be back!