“Good Food and Nice Sunset”
Review of Joe's Nuevo Latino - CLOSED

Joe's Nuevo Latino
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Wailea Ike Drive
Description: Joe's Nuevo Latino celebrates the incredible diversity of food from Latino communities around the world. Guests enjoy a culinary journey designed to introduce the best, most inspired Latin flavors blended with fresh, local ingredients. The menu features small and large plates, all equally sharable, and includes dishes such as Peruvian ceviches, Argentinian-style beef with chimichurri, Puerto Rican pastele, spicy shrimp with Ecuadorian corn cakes, Cubano conchita pibil (slow roasted pork shank), chicken tamale with Oaxacan mole, Mexican-style roasted fresh fish, and traditional Spanish pulpo a la plancha (grilled octopus). Guests will experience a contemporary, communal, high energy atmosphere and a bar featuring traditional and imagined cocktails with a particular emphasis on tequila and mezcal. The creative force is Chef de Cuisine Gary Johnson, one of Maui's top up-and-coming young culinary talents and an avid traveler with a passion to share his interpretation of nuevo latino cuisine. The award-winning management team includes partners: Chef Roger Stettler, Chef Bev Gannon, Greg Shepherd
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We ate at Joe's on our first night in Maui. I had the Ahi which was perfectly prepared! My wife had 2 appetizers, the steamed clams and the quesidilla. The clams were very good but she was dissapointed in the quesadilla.
The view of the sunset from the open seating area was great as was the service which was friendly and prompt.

There are newer reviews for Joe's Nuevo Latino

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We choose Joe's after hearing many recommendations and I was not disappointed. The only thing I found upsetting was there was no way to take the BBQ sauce with me!
The most tender ribs! Fell off the bone. Completely, overwhelmingly covered in BBQ sauce which is just the way I love it. If you don't like a lot then this is not for you. The servers were great and the fish and specials my companians choose were also really flavorful and tender. I really wish we had more time to go back and enjoy Joe's again.
This will be my first stop on the next trip to Maui.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons, and this was close to the hotel, less than a 5 minute drive. I had the ribs, hubby had a burger. The food was tasty, but the servers were very nice so made the experience even better. They take reservations on Opentable. I wish I had tried the chicken and waffles, it also looked delicious.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

When I want prime rib on Maui, there is only one place to go....Joe's. They serve a large lean piece of well seasoned beef. Wash it down with one of the best Mai Tais on the Island. If they are promoting their early bird special, then it is definitely a must.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were invited to go to Joe's. We were concerned by the TA reviews. The service and food both where very good. Quiet atmosphere. We would return.

1  Thank Ron R