“Disappointing”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I researched this Tennis Club prior to going to Wailea for the recent wedding of my son. The attitude of this Club is appalling.....forget going if you are not ranked 4.0 or above. I attended one clinic and was not welcomed, the second clinic I signed up for, I ended up not even starting....the pro was so unwelcoming and downright rude. There was a complete disconnect between the polite reception desk and the pro.....they were not on the same page and I was caught in the middle....just wanted to enthusiastically participate. Some years ago, I attended the tennis Centre at Kapalua.....there, one was welcomed, politely and it was a pleasure to play, meet new people.
I cannot understand how the Wailea Tennis Club could be so rude.

3 Thank Hindaleah

Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Clinics”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I did the 8am clinics and the pros were great. Especially the Director Kathy. A lot of great tips that I can take home and use.

2 Thank MicheleJoyce
Bernardsville, New Jersey
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice Courts, Tired Facility”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We played here one day while on vacation at the Grand Wailea which has no courts of its own. The courts are fine (rented raquet and balls for about $30 per person) and court time is about $40 per hour. However, don't plan to use the shower or bathrooms. They are down-right gross and I won't discuss the size of the roach I saw inside the ladies room.

1 Thank Cal346304
Elk Grove, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wailea Tennis Club is going downhill!!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

It is like a timebomb that hit it! Now, after looking at the website, there is only one pro left (Patrik) and he is a seasonal pro from Sweden. The other pro (Cathy) is not well liked and is always late to her 8:00 lessons. I heard the other pros, Scott and Neil, left within the last two months!

I hate the bathrooms! Isn't very cleaned!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Z B
Tinley Park, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Tennis Anyone”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I are avid tennis players and workout daily. It was nice to stay at a resort that had a tennis club down the street. It was easy to reserve a court and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. We played every day we were there. The weather in the early morning is perfect tennis weather, not too hot.

Visited July 2012