“Nice place to play”
Review of Wailea Golf Club

Wailea Golf Club
Ranked #13 of 31 Outdoor Activities in Wailea
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wailea Golf Club is home to three championship golf courses, the Gold, Emerald and Blue. Located in beautiful Wailea on the island of Maui, our award winning courses offer breathtaking views and challenging play. Come experience the best golf in paradise!
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The courses in Wailea have taken a financial hit along with the rest of the island. We enjoyed our round at the "Old Blue" course. Less expensive than others in the area and worth the money.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife, son and I played the Emerald Course. Our teenage daughter handled driving one of the carts! It was a great experience. The golf course is very playable, yet challenging. Every hole is like a picture postcard. If you can only play one course on Maui, it should be the Emerald at Wailea.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

My wife and I played both the Emerald and Gold courses at WGC last week. Emerald is a bit shorter and more approachable but both featured spectacular views and excellent conditions. Wide fairways, short rough but some tough greens. Gets pricey at $135 pp (twilight rates, 11:00 or later) but we also managed to get in a full 18 starting at 3:00 to take advantage of the "super twilight" rate of $99 pp.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

The Gold course was pleasant to play, with several terrific descents toward the ocean. There were a few tricky pin placements but frequent bunkering provided much of the greenside challenge. Fairways were not that narrow but as the course is right on Wailea Point there were lots of elevation changes and rocky/wet opportunities to lose balls. I think the course played around 6200 yards from the white tees, and it was average difficulty. If you hit the ball anywhere more than 240 (straight) you should probably play blues (maybe blacks...second to back). Tips are a little beyond 7000, so not too challenging if you have a lower handicap. Since it's the beach, take it easy on yourself...for $179 bucks you gotta enjoy the experience!

Reviewed May 23, 2011

I stayed in Wailea the first week of May and played Wailea Golf Club's Gold course. The course had recently been aerated but it was still in excellent condition and the views were spectacular, bring your camera! The Gold course was challenging but not too difficult (I am not a pro golfer by any means), people of every skill level could play and enjoy it. I arrived early for my tee time and was told that the course was open and I could go out alone if I wanted to, which I did. The staff was friendly and not pushy like you'll find at some destination golf clubs. A few things to note...1)The club does require collared shirts to play, this includes the practice/driving range. 2)If you would like to bring someone to ride along with you while you play, it's an additional $35 for each ride along. Both pretty standard but I wanted to point them out. The only regret I had was that I was unable to play Wailea Golf Club again during my stay. A great golf club/course. Even if you're staying outside of Wailea it's worth the drive.

3  Thank JHaz1978