“Great meal if you want to spend the cash”

Duo Steak & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Duo Steak & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Set against a luxurious poolside backdrop, DUO is Maui’s culinary jewel, serving a robust menu of steak and seafood masterpieces. Its intimate and inviting bar, stocked with an impressive international wine list, greets guests as they arrive, and its mixologists prepare refreshing specialty cocktails. A dynamic open kitchen puts DUO's award-winning chefs at centre stage as they entertain and delight guests with their expertise, creating a relaxed and enjoyable dining experience for all. Under the direction of Executive Chef Roger Stettler and Restaurant Chef Bryan Beneke, the menu focuses on an array of prime cuts of steak, including American Wagyu, as well as the freshest seafood and seasonal island produce. A private dining room near the picturesque waterfall pool is the perfect setting for smaller gatherings and parties.
South Dakota
“Great meal if you want to spend the cash”
Reviewed October 25, 2008

The view is pretty hard to beat at this restaurant within the Four Seasons Resort. Open air seating with surrounding palm trees and a great view of both the ocean and pool areas. Nice mood lighting in the evening.
The meal itself was quite good. We were seated promptly and received all of our orders in a timely fashion. We all had steak (of course) and they were all done to perfection. Coming from the upper midwest where excellent steak is the norm, I'm pretty picky and I felt they did a great job. Of course the prices were quite high but then again, what on Maui isn't high priced? Overall we had a great experience and I would certainly dine there again for dinner.
We also went several times to the breakfast buffet which was fantastic! I would highly recommend that as well.

4 Thank eteyemd

• Korean first
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Lovely atmosphere, really good steaks and the dessert was fabulous! Loved the cotton candy too!”
Reviewed June 3, 2008

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Buffalo NY
“Duo Restaurant at Four Seasons Wailea, Maui -- Big Disappointment!”
Reviewed May 9, 2008

We were not staying at the Four Seasons in Wailea, but went there for dinner on 4/29/08. We decided to try Duo, as it had been recommended and everything we read about it claimed it was terrific. We arrived at 7:45pm for an 8pm reservation. There were many tables empty, but we were told they were seating on time and they made us wait until 8pm. For what reason... who knows. We were sat at a lovely table with a great view. The menu was pricey -- very pricey... but that's to be expected and we don't mind, if the meal is worth it. We had cocktails and ordered. The appetizers/salad came out in a timely manner... but then we waited... and waited... and waited. No one ever came back to ask if we wanted a 2nd drink, the dirty dishes from appetizers/salad were not cleared. We waited some more. The couple next to us, that had been seated way after us, had already been served and had finished their dinners! FINALLY someone came back to the table and asked if we wanted another cocktail. At that point, we were angry and said no. We had, now, been waiting at least an hour. Then, our food arrived and the waiter made a small attempt to apologize for the delay. We complained to him and he sent the manager over. The manager was already well aware of the problem. He apologized over and over and truly was sorry. He said he would take care of the bill. We ate our dinners, which were nothing special. The mahi mahi was very plain and had no special sauce or flavor, my steak was good but extremely undercooked -- it was rare, not medium rare as ordered. The corn served with the mahi was still ICE cold. I think the kitchen rushed our meals, once they realized they were late. For the price, the portions were small. No explanation was ever given, so I don't really know what happend. I suspect they had misplaced our order in the kitchen. The manager did the right thing by not charging us for the dinner -- and we were fine with the way he handled the situation. We would, however, never go back again. It certainly is NOT the great place we had hoped it would be.

4 Thank TeeneeTraveller
Los Angeles, CA
“Great Dining Experience”
Reviewed March 4, 2008

Went to Duo on Friday night and must say that it was a wonderful dining experience from start to finish. The resturant is located on the grounds of the Four Seasons. It's sort of like an open air restaurant except you are covered with a roof above. We tried the seafood tower appetizer that was huge and delicious! I had the filet mignon and it was very tender and delicious. My fiance really enjoyed the veal. The sides were ok, except their corn was very good. Deserts were creative, I had one with a vanilla mousse between filo pastry that was light, sweet and good. The staff pays attention to details and is very attentive. They even brought me a pashmina scarf when I looked cold. The drinks seemed overpriced (I think my martinis were about $14 each) but then again, everything in Wailea and Maui in general is expensive. Overall we really enjoyed the food, service and ambience that Duo offered.

3 Thank krislecl
Michigan
“Very dissapointing”
Reviewed January 4, 2008

One of the worst meals we have ever had at any resort. We started with Oyster Rockafeller. What were served was raw oysters that were completely rancid with creamed spinach on top. Some one needs to explain to the chef that oysters Rockafeller is a cooked dish and should never be served with raw oysters. Really bad!
We replaced that with a single goat cheese appetizer that was supposed to be on rattatoulle. The rattatoulle tasted like it had been made the week before.
For entree's I had the steak $67 and my wife ordered fish. My wifes entree arrived broken in pieces and didn't even appear to be bits of the same fish. She pushed it aside and they waiter took it with out offerring a replacement. We shared my steak. We were also served a massive plate of fries both shoestring and regular. They were about 50% burned and greasy. Our waiter became very indignant when we decided to skip dessert. We did order cappaccino and we were served instant coffee. Some one had completely forgot to check the machine and we had two cups of hot water with artifical tasting froth. We heard many other guests complaing about the food here as well. One of the worst meals we have ever in any resort. Hard to believe this was the Four Seasons. Expect to spend $250 up here.

8 Thank Docsknotinn