“Buffet Perfection!”

Duo Steak & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Duo Steak & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 50 Restaurants in Wailea
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Set against a luxurious poolside backdrop, DUO is Maui’s culinary jewel, serving a robust menu of steak and seafood masterpieces. Its intimate and inviting bar, stocked with an impressive international wine list, greets guests as they arrive, and its mixologists prepare refreshing specialty cocktails. A dynamic open kitchen puts DUO's award-winning chefs at centre stage as they entertain and delight guests with their expertise, creating a relaxed and enjoyable dining experience for all. Under the direction of Executive Chef Roger Stettler and Restaurant Chef Bryan Beneke, the menu focuses on an array of prime cuts of steak, including American Wagyu, as well as the freshest seafood and seasonal island produce. A private dining room near the picturesque waterfall pool is the perfect setting for smaller gatherings and parties.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We dined at Duo every morning during our stay and loved it! The staff is so friendly and efficient. The food is wonderful! They even offer a juice bar! Perfect for those counting calories!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I'm killing myself because I can't remember the name of the guy who runs the raw bar on mon/tues nights. I'll get it right, because I will be back! If you're like me and when you see oysters on the menu and you feel like yeah I could just keep eating those as my appetizer, entree, and dessert, you're gonna love this deal. $79.95 all you can eat and this is the 4 Seasons. Its done right. Go hiking or something in the morning and starve yourself so you can prepare for this medieval feast. Yum. I started with 18 oysters, then moved onto all you can eat Kona Lobster, which I learned is a great sustainable farm raised product produced on the Big Island since 1987. Then what. Well my friend had a perfectly cooked filet with their exquisite (I don't often use that word) whipped potatoes. And yes, presentation was dead on. Nice job with the service here as there are a lot of plates coming and going with this being an all you can eat scenario. Don't you hate it when they pile up? They don't at Duo. Then I kept on with Ceviche and Poke. Poke was a little off that night but I'll blame it on my wine selection. Then I got bored and went back to another 18 fresh shucked oysters. And they were HAPPY to do it and hand delivered them to my table so I didn't have to wait. They have wonderful house made mignonettes that send these bivalves over the moon. They will try and stop your fun with mouth watering house cut french fries and your choice of caesar salad or French onion soup, both perfectly executed. All and all I have trouble finding a complaint here. For the price point, location, and quality of product I can't. I could nitpick a few things but why? Best solution is to order another glass of wine off their well presented (IPAD) wine menu and let the night unfold as it should. And you've seen the other reviews, love that we end with Cotton Candy here. Common, this is FUN! And that's what dining should be. Make sure you hand some cash to the guy at the Raw Bar on the way out. Don't you hate shucking your own oysters?

2  Thank TravellingGormound
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife was celebrating her birthday and we decided to eat at Duo for dinner. The hostess' were very warm and friendly and greeted us by name. They even mentioned to my wife "Happy Birthday" which she loved. Upon arriving at our table we had a gorgeous view of the Ocean and the sun as it was going down. Our Waiter Chad was very knowledgeable about the menu and described everything in great detail. They have an awesome kids menu which my children enjoyed. The scallops were a wonderful starter and didn't disappoint. My wife and I split the Flat Iron and the Seared Ahi. Chad described the marbling of the steak and I was sold. It was a very nice tender cut of steak and the Hamakua Mushrooms complimented the dish very well. The Seared Ahi was "melt in your mouth" and went well with the sea-asparagus and sauce that garnished the dish. The Kula corn was tasty and sweet and the grilled asparagus with the Parmesan cheese was grilled perfectly and not over cooked. Our favorite side was the truffle macaroni and cheese, best mac and cheese ever, a must try! One of my sons was falling asleep, and our waiter quickly grabbed two towels and another chair and made a makeshift bed for him to be comfortable, it worked out very well. The food servers were fast, efficient, and described all of our courses to us. The manager Jim stopped by our table to see how our dining experience and resort stay was going which we approved of everything. For dessert we had the Chocolate Souffle. It took about 15 minutes, but it was well worth the wait. The vanilla ice-cream, and the Raspberry sauce added to the souffle very well. A final touch with the check was the cotton-candy which my kids were thrilled to have. Accompanying the cotton-candy was an edible chocolate/white chocolate plaque that said happy birthday along with a lit candle which was a nice gesture to conclude our dinner. I can't say enough good things about how accommodating and friendly the staff was. My wife described this as one of the best birthday dinners she could remember. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a family friendly environment with great food and exceptional staff.

3  Thank Jeremiah M
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Highlights included local Kula corn served with exquisite steak, king crab. Danielle made a charming Hawai'i host with a laid-back but highly competent approach. Nothing too much trouble, despite a busy evening. Flavored Cotton candy (candy floss to me) made a great finish. Wine served via a fun iPad app. Top notch.

1  Thank trufflehound81
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Exceptional food with exceptional service -- what more can you ask for on a special meal during your honeymoon!! The entire staff is friendly and go out of their way to make you fell welcome. Everyone addresses you by your name and the manager made sure to stop by the table to insure our meal was as expected. The server went out of his way to explain how every dish is prepared and what to expect of it. The service is exceptional, the food fantastic and the setting is beautiful, especially at sunset. One of the best meals my wife and I have had!! Expensive, but definately worth the price for the caliber of food and the care of the staff. Would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone looking for that special night out.

1  Thank Duane P