“Love this beach.”

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Love this beach.”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I love this place. It is a relatively short walk from the parking lot. You can wear a suit if you want, but I love having nothing between my beach experience and me. There are areas with shade. Kids love the beach, but surf here can be pretty strong-so never turn your back on the ocean. GREAT spot for body surfing if it isn't your first time.
Don't go to Maui and miss out on this great experience. Forget about what the folks back home might say - they are at least 4 time zones away !

3 Thank wade17

• Korean first
Casa Grande, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“NO CLOTHES, NO PROBLEMS!”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We visited Little Beach on a weekday in May of 2010. No loud music, no rowdy a++holes, no clothes, no problems! Just laid-back, cool people and a very mello atmosphere. Wife and I are 60 years old and made the climb over the lava outcropping with little difficulty. Although long-time nudists, this was our first nude beach experience and we loved it. We spent almost four hours frolicking in the surf, soaking up the sun on the clean, beautiful beach and socializing with the friendly people who seemed to cover the entire age spectrum. As it is a "clothing optional" beach, some were clothed but most were nude. All were polite, quiet and civilized and there were no gawkers or perverts that we could see. Near the end of our visit, a laid-back naked native Hawaiian guy was happy to take our picture for us so we'd have a remembrance of the occasion. A good place to try if you are curious but hesitant about taking your clothes off. You can shed them as your comfort level dictates. Be sure to bring plenty of water, snacks and remember the sun screen! There were porta-potties near the parking lot. I would highly recommend Little Beach! We hated to leave.

6 Thank AZNATURIST
Sacramento, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You can wear swimsuits”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I didn't see mentioned in the other reviews the difficulty of the hike going from Big Beach to Little Beach. Depending on the tide you may have to walk in the water and over the top of rocks while waves are coming in while carrying your towels and stuff, and there is a challanging climb for some up over the hill to Little Beach. Also, not everyone one there is nude. There are some who keep their swimsuits on (like me) and some just wearing shorts and T-shirts. The waves are generally not as dangerous as Big Beach (one of the least safe in Hawaii), but it can get rough. The last time we were there I was told the minutes before someone got into trouble and had to be pulled out of the water, I think by one of the "regular sunbathers" who we saw several years before at Little Beach. But for sure its a fun mini-adventure and something to talk about with the folks when you get back home.

2 Thank tomcardinal
Burlington, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Everyone should try it once in their life!”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

My husband and I were on Big Makena Beach in Maui and had never been to a clothing optional beach, so when a local guy recommended Little Beach (over the rock wall from Big Beach), we were very uncomfortable at first. The people were mostly an older crowd, so the whole competition thing wasn't really an issue and after a beer, I put my New England inhibitions aside with my bathing suit and plunged into the surf. It was a very freeing experience and I am really glad I did it, although my husband never quite felt the same freedom. There was a naked guy surfing there named Steve - he must be in his 60s, and that was pretty cool to see. After Little Beach, I went to at least three other nude beaches in Hawaii, although I would never do it on the mainland. There's something about Hawaii that makes you feel free and crazy.

5 Thank VTgirl44
Hawaii
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Naked People all day everyday”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The Sunday dance trance party between the ancient heiau.. temples to the gods of the sea and fishing.. ancient healing spot of Hawaiian chiefs. Best bodysurfing break on Maui.. if you are not going to get naked don't come. Get naked, free yourself of civilization, feel the water between your legs and let you of your inhibitions. Once in a lifetime swim at sunset. No lifeguard, riptides.. dangerous for children. Go the toilet before you come to this sacred beach and bring plenty of water and umbrella for shade.. best place to watch sunset on Maui. Best of Hawaii.. top 5 beach in the world.

6 Thank Kamakanuiahailono