“Nice beach but be careful”
Review of Little Beach

and up
Kayak and Snorkel - South Shore Turtle
Ranked #9 of 43 things to do in Wailea
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Little beach and big beach are close to gather and signage is lousy which would not matter but Big Beach is clothing optional so if your with kids or offended easily be careful. If not well relax and enjoy they both are nice beaches and have great scenery just very different kinds of scenery so make sure you have the right beach.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Not sure I want to say too much about this, as I would like it to remain relatively unknown to the majority of visitors!

2  Thank Daveinatl
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We loved Little Beach so much that we went to it nearly every day we were in Maui. Parking is at the lot for Big Beach where there is a drinks/food van and chemical toilets. You need reasonable mobility to get to Little Beach as the path over the headland at the end of Big Beach is rocky in places. Take drinks etc. Once there, Little Beach is actually a reasonably sized crescent of sand backed by trees. The sand quality is great underfoot including as you walk into the water-swimming/jumping/boarding in the waves is a joy here. When we were there, the mix was about 70/30 nude/clothed-reflecting the relaxed nature of the place. The far end of the beach was mainly gay but everyone mixed well. We saw no gawking or inappropriate behaviour. Although the beach was busy it never felt crowded save for the Sunday afternoon when the tradition is for people to gather for drumming, fire dancing etc. The beach users here obviously take good care of it as it was always very clean when we were there even on the Monday morning after a busy Sunday. We saw stunning sunsets from both Little Beach and Big Beach.

1  Thank je22
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Another great place to enter the water for wonderful snorkeling or even sunbathing! A great spot for all ages!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was the best beach we visited in Maui! Sadly many will not come across the small volcanic hill to enjoy Little beach because of the nudity. We found the nudity liberating. My wife even felt comfortable enough to sun bath nude. I didn't notice anyone being inappropriate. We were there on a Wednesday morning and stayed until the afternoon. The wave action was a blast, though it is not for beginners. I was the only one in the surf during some of the larger wave sets (~8 feet). I had no issues what so ever. The beach was clean, the water was clear, and the beach even had some shade shots for those looking to escape the sun. I didn't notice any gawking. We had folks of all types and ages bearing all to enjoy the sun. I was leery of going to a clothing optional beach, but had a blast! The fact that my wife sun bathed nude says a lot about how comfortable and natural it is to go nude here. She can be prudish at times, but felt completely comfortable going nude at this beach.

3  Thank gljohnsonjr