“Fantastic in Every Way”
Review of Matteo's Osteria

Matteo's Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Matteo's Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Matteo’s Osteria is Italian Soulfood in the heart of Wailea located at The Wailea Town Center. As the 2016 ‘Aipono Award winners for Best Italian Food on Maui, we invite you to savor our healthy, locally-sourced, homemade pastas, pizzette and entrées. Our traditional style comes from the influence of award-winning Best Chef on Maui, Matteo Mistura, born and raised in Liguria, Italy. If you enjoy a truly unique family style dining experience, we ask you to come for our friendly, attentive staff and tour the world through a glass of wine with the largest wine selection by the glass in the State of Hawaii. Lets not forget about our HAPPY HOUR Menu Monday thru Friday from 3-6 p.m. at our Matteo’s Lounge, where you can receive an assortment of beverages and food at amazing prices.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Matteo's reinvented itself in January as a full service Italian restaurant. The space was well done, food was fantastic, service was great. The manager was on the floor visiting with customers and inquiring about the food and service as should be done with a new or for that matter any restaurant. She dealt effectively with a very difficult customer who probably should have been invited to leave. A great choice and well worth the visit.

1  Thank Peakstar
GMistura, Owner at Matteo's Osteria, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Your review is beyond appreciated. We hope you will find time to dine with us again before your trip back to the mainland. Grazie!

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

The best Restaurant we have been to in Maui. The Pasta was really good and made with Love. Matteo (the owner) is a real Italian and he cooks like if you were in Italy. Can really recommend this Restaurant.

1  Thank marco_san007
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was excited when I heard that Matteo was coming back to Maui, I had eaten his food numerous times and was saddened when he closed his pizzeria. I went to dinner at his new place anticipating a great meal, I was not dissapointed, The food, the service and the ambiance were all excellent. I will be a frequent customer. Welcome back Matteo.

1  Thank DHawaii2014
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My friends and I arrived around 2'ish for a late lunch which turned out to be good timing as the restaurant wasn't too busy. We all raved about our food; it was excellent! Great flavors and lovely presentation. The wine list is extensive with many wines available by the glass. The only jarring note was our waiter who was a bit full of himself and fancied himself an expert on everything from wine to the art of waiting tables. His banter and insistence on calling us "his friends" was so obviously designed to ensure tips that it was actually quite funny. Personally, I would have preferred just simple service delivered with sincerity.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Matteo's Osteria offers great food, great atmosphere and is therefore an easy to recommend restaurant. After a week of dinning in Wailea at all of the signature restaurants in the big resort properties, my wife and I wanted to find a relaxed environment for dinner. We found Matteo's and it was an absolute home run. We shared a Carbonara pizzette, followed by a Spinach salad and then the Pasta. Delicious pasta. The Ravioli alla Mantovana was delicious and the Gnocchi was out of this world excellent. This food coupled with the wine list and atmosphere makes for a compelling recommendation to find your way to Matteo's when in Maui.

1  Thank HJF_2010