“Surprisingly one of our Favorites”

Mulligans on the Blue
Reserve with OpenTable
Mulligans on the Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, International
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wailea Alanui
Description: Mulligans on the Blue is located in Wailea and offers Contemporary American and Irish comfort food.We have all the sports packages you could imagine even rugby....We feature...Concerts,Weddings Rehearsal Dinners,Rotary Lunches and Dinner Shows... BEST HAPPY HOUR ON THE ISLAND OF MAUI 2PM-5PM AND 10PM TILL MIDNIGHT...
Plano, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprisingly one of our Favorites”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We dined here after a round of golf, it is ultra casual and most of the dining is outdoor but the food was delicious and the service was good. Surprisingly the food was better than several of the upscale restaurants we dined at during our week stay. This place is not fancy but the food was good.

• Visited May 2013

“Kids and the night with the magician”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very old and lacking atmosphere, but it has good service and nightly entertainment. If you have kids and want an inexpensive meal just reserve an outside table on the ocean side so they can run around without really bothering anyone. Go early on the night that the magician is there - he caters to the kids and they will love it. Then after dinner just slip inside for the show.

Visited February 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Better than expected!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go here to change things up from eating at our resort and some other guests mentioned going there. Doesn't hurt its only 2 miles away either.
It was just after sunset and sitting outside you could still see the clouds and ocean. Beautiful.
I had a chopped salad with chicken which was excellent. Large portions. I ordered the side version and it was more than enough! My hubby ordered the corned beef and cabbage and I thought he was going to lick the plate! He ate every bite and told me it was the best he'd ever had. (being of Irish decent that's a pretty big compliment!)
He told me we would have to go back before we left the island.
Great selection of beer for decent prices, I think there is a good happy hour that we will have to try next time. Definitely try this place if you are staying in the area. Closer than driving to Kihei and you will love it!

Bolton, Canada
“Good Weekend Breakfast.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Mulligans recently started offering breakfast on the weekends, and I enjoyed the delicious eggs benedict! We also had a 2 for 1 coupon from Maui Gold, which helped! The Monte Christo was also teriffic.

Visited April 2013
Oakland, California
“My favorite happy hour in Wailea/Kihei”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

there are several things I love about Mulligans. (1) the early evening happy hour has a wonderful view at the top of the hill and you can feel and smell the Hawaiian air in the open air indoor bar while watching your favorite sport. It's particularly nice after dinner when you can enjoy the Hawaiian night. (2) The actual bar itself is a classic style sunken-well, solid wood double sided bar. These are a dying breed! It has the feel of a mid-century Chicago-style bar and I just love that. The layout at the bar is perfect for conversation across the bar, meeting the people next you, or just enjoying spacious individual space at the bar, especially if you're eating there. (3) Everybody knows your name. The guys at Mulligans seems to always remember their customers when they return six months or a year later. It helps to go somewhere on Maui and not feel like a total Haole every time you return. (4) They put in 10 (12?) new TV's about a year ago and it's perfect for the sports bar design. If you're doing the NFL Redzone breakfast or watching playoff hockey games (like I am) it's really easy to see the huge HD tv's all around the bar. I think the main ones are like 70+ inches. It's ridiculous. As a sports fan, I really appreciate this attention to detail for the customer's enjoyment. Whereas at Moose's the tv's are sometimes frustrating to get the channel changed and you can be forced to pack around a 40 inch tv in the corner, here it's easy to throw on the Sharks/Warriors game and see it right in front of me at the bar or at a table in the back. (5) Great beers on tap, even better happy hour prices. Why have I never heard of Kilkenny Cream Ale? Nomz. (6) Dinner servers are hot. (7) The late night happy hour $6 burger is delicious and it's so relieving to have a reasonably priced meal in Wailea. I didn't think those existed. (8) It's so professional behind the bar. I know I've said this before but at a lot of bars and restaurants you get the vibe that the person doesn't want to be there, or that you are just Hyatt customer #409 on the day, or that they cant wait until the bar clears for 10 minutes so that they can close up early and go home. Not here. The boys are happy, will chat with you as a person and not just a tab in waiting, call you a cab/shuttle, you got it. In an industry where not enough emphasis is placed on staffing, Mulligans pays attention in the right places. Love, love, love this place. It's my own little Oasis on Maui. Get there.

• Visited May 2013
MIKEO O, Manager at Mulligans on the Blue, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time out to write such a nice review,we dont always get it right but we do care and we are trying...mike