“My favorite happy hour in Wailea/Kihei”

Mulligans on the Blue
Reserve with OpenTable
Mulligans on the Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American, Irish, International, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wailea Alanui
Description: Mulligans on the Blue is located in Wailea and offers Contemporary American and Irish comfort food.We have all the sports packages you could imagine even rugby....We feature...Concerts,Weddings Rehearsal Dinners,Rotary Lunches and Dinner Shows... BEST HAPPY HOUR ON THE ISLAND OF MAUI 2PM-5PM AND 10PM TILL MIDNIGHT...
Reviewed May 3, 2013

there are several things I love about Mulligans. (1) the early evening happy hour has a wonderful view at the top of the hill and you can feel and smell the Hawaiian air in the open air indoor bar while watching your favorite sport. It's particularly nice after dinner when you can enjoy the Hawaiian night. (2) The actual bar itself is a classic style sunken-well, solid wood double sided bar. These are a dying breed! It has the feel of a mid-century Chicago-style bar and I just love that. The layout at the bar is perfect for conversation across the bar, meeting the people next you, or just enjoying spacious individual space at the bar, especially if you're eating there. (3) Everybody knows your name. The guys at Mulligans seems to always remember their customers when they return six months or a year later. It helps to go somewhere on Maui and not feel like a total Haole every time you return. (4) They put in 10 (12?) new TV's about a year ago and it's perfect for the sports bar design. If you're doing the NFL Redzone breakfast or watching playoff hockey games (like I am) it's really easy to see the huge HD tv's all around the bar. I think the main ones are like 70+ inches. It's ridiculous. As a sports fan, I really appreciate this attention to detail for the customer's enjoyment. Whereas at Moose's the tv's are sometimes frustrating to get the channel changed and you can be forced to pack around a 40 inch tv in the corner, here it's easy to throw on the Sharks/Warriors game and see it right in front of me at the bar or at a table in the back. (5) Great beers on tap, even better happy hour prices. Why have I never heard of Kilkenny Cream Ale? Nomz. (6) Dinner servers are hot. (7) The late night happy hour $6 burger is delicious and it's so relieving to have a reasonably priced meal in Wailea. I didn't think those existed. (8) It's so professional behind the bar. I know I've said this before but at a lot of bars and restaurants you get the vibe that the person doesn't want to be there, or that you are just Hyatt customer #409 on the day, or that they cant wait until the bar clears for 10 minutes so that they can close up early and go home. Not here. The boys are happy, will chat with you as a person and not just a tab in waiting, call you a cab/shuttle, you got it. In an industry where not enough emphasis is placed on staffing, Mulligans pays attention in the right places. Love, love, love this place. It's my own little Oasis on Maui. Get there.

MIKEO O, Manager at Mulligans on the Blue, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time out to write such a nice review,we dont always get it right but we do care and we are trying...mike

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We traded a shirt for a shirt from our local Irish Pub with owner Mike O'Dwyer. We enjoyed Sunday night music from a local Irish band. Great food, great service from a true Irish Pub.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We walked here one night from our hotel and loved the food and drink. The bar staff was very friendly and they had live music. A must-go in Maui.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Can’t say enough good things about the staff, the food and the location of Mulligan’s (the view of the sunset from the lanai was breathtaking!!!) Our son’s small wedding reception was held here on Saturday, April 6, 2013. I started communicating with Julie, Mulligan’s Event Coordinator at the end of February and she was awesome! She was attentive, she was thorough, she made great recommendations, very responsive to e-mails or phone calls, and she was just darn pleasant to deal with. Although she was not at Mulligan’s on April 6, Christian, the GM was and he did an absolutely fantastic job with our party as did our server, Julie. He bent over backwards to be sure all our requests were met, he was relaxed in a very reassuring way, accommodating, made us feel everything was under control and also another Mulligan’s employee who was wonderful to deal with. While I didn’t have the highest expectation for the food based on my previous experiences at other “19th hole” restaurants, I was thrilled with our meal from start to finish ~ it far exceeded anything I had imagined. We started with the Firecracker Shrimp Skewers for an appetizer (delicious!), the Spinach and Macadamia Nut Salad (to die for!) and then we had a choice of a Rosemary Chicken Breast, Pan Seared Ono or Roasted Beef Tenderloin (which is what I ordered – OMG – amazing!!!) Between everyone in our group all entrees were ordered and everyone raved about their meal

We brought in the wedding cake from Maui Wedding Cakes for dessert (it too was as beautiful to eat as it was to look at.) While it seems like a small thing it is worth mentioning that Mulligan’s staff served it beautifully. There were two kinds of filling and they served everyone a taste of each in very classy style on our plates.

Mulligan’s typed up a personalized menu for our group with the bride and groom’s names at the top – a special added touch!

We did not have a large enough group to have the venue exclusively to ourselves but Christian and staff did an amazing job of setting us up so that we were as “alone” as we could be ~ no other guests needed to walk through our area to access the restrooms or bar. We felt like it was our own party but still had the benefit of the great band playing and respectful oglers at our beautiful bride. It is the attention to details that made our evening at Mulligan’s incredibly special. Again, thanks to everyone at Mulligan's that helped to make Greg and Adi’s wedding a very memorable evening for friends and family.

1  Thank Randy622
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I didn't eat here but everyone that I spoke to who saw the show said that it was fin. I just went up for a drink and to watch the hockey game. They have lots of TV screens and the drinks were ample at a good price. The bar is open and inviting and the staff well seasoned and friendly.

1  Thank keithwilton57