“Confusing and pricey and they allow dogs to dine”
Review of Ka'ana Kitchen

Ka'ana Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Ka'ana Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

It took me 10 minutes to determine what wine to order. The wine menu is grouped by attitude vs. traditional red/white with light to heavy. I wanted a simple malbec or Bordeaux but nothing is available by the glass. Sticker shock on their per "stem" $16-20. I ended up with a French sparkling rose for $18. Next came the strange food menu for my husband. It was easy for me to select the grilled octupus (delicious) and carpaccio (good but not carpaccio ... similar to a seared steak). The only fish was ahi which my husband likes for poke but not a main meal. He went with the kimchi squab which was a small portion but unfortunately they served him inedible bone. The coconut ice cream dessert which dark chocolate sauce and small cake bites was delicious. $125 meal just O.K. Nice view. Oh, they allow dogs in the restaurant which would have been fine if the dog behind us had better manners. Or maybe if the owner had better manners. His owner kept on telling the dog to be quiet or she would take him back to the room. Seriously, leave the dog in the room or order room service.

1  Thank Hystericalhappiness
There are newer reviews for Ka'ana Kitchen

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The menu certainly has a wide variety of farm to table cuisine and caters to those with different tastes. I highly recommend the risotta!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

You can check my prior reviews I'm no plant. We couldn't get any recommendations on this restaurant since the hotel is so new so we gave it a shot, so happy we did. Two adults and two children. First the hotel is so well designed we will stay there next trip and that contemporary design carries into the restaurant; the kitchen is open in the center of the restaurant so great entertainment. Food was truly amazing only exceeded by service. So for food the kids plates are great and healthy. For adults a culinary treat, the most tender octopus I have ever experienced. Do not miss the risotto somehow they made hamachi taste like bacon.

Yes it's expensive as is any top restaurants on the island which we have dined at all of them and as of now in our opinion this is the best.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

You start out by having a drink at the bar right as you walk in. Our mixologist was amazing! I think his name was Fernando. The bartenders are mixologists...so you tell them what you like and they concoct something delicious for you. Our mixologist nailed it. My husband and I both had outstanding drinks all while chatting with the bartenders and chefs. You're then escorted to your table. The vibe was cool. It feels like you're dining in somebody's house. The food was really great and different but the portions are very small and VERY expensive. We each had a drink, split and appetizer and each had a meal and the bill was $200. It was a fun experience but not if you're trying to stay on any kind of budget.

1  Thank JaymeBethNorton
Reviewed November 17, 2013

the breakfast is very good and fresh. staff is great. the price is pretty high for breakfast at $45/person.

1  Thank carnifex1125