“The best restaurant in the hotel!”

Nick's Fishmarket Maui
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick's Fishmarket Maui is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kaukahi Street in the Fairmont Kea Lani
Description: Nick’s Fishmarket Maui is one of Hawaii’s premier seafood restaurants, a favorite of both visitors and residents alike. Located on the grounds of the spectacular Fairmont Kea Lani resort in Wailea, Nick’s Fishmarket is the Valley Isle’s first choice in dining for any occasion, whether it be a romantic dinner, a family celebration, a business function, or just a night out with friends. Join us for our nightly Happy Hour from 5-7pm and dinner from 5:30-9:30pm.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I really loved this place. The staff is exceptional. The variety of food and quality is excellent. We had dinner here several times and we really enjoyed the food and service.

There are newer reviews for Nick's Fishmarket Maui

Reviewed July 11, 2014

My son took me there and I was there with my family two years ago. The food was incredible and the service was impeccable both times. This time we chose to sit at the bar as the ocean view beckoned us. David and Alexander waited on us and I would never have expected them to do double duty but they truly impressed me with their attentiveness to our meals and drink choices. Everyone that approached us were kind and entertained us the entire time. I would highly recommend Nick's whether you wanted to be seated at a table or the bar. The manager that night, Leon, was extremely personable and accommodating. The food was delicious! We will definitely be back our next vacation.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were staying at The Fairmont so dropped in for dinner. This is not an inexpensive restaurant but to be honest, value for money for the quality of food and great service. It's also relaxed, staff able to linger and share a laugh. Seafood is superb - incredibly fresh sashimi and Ahi "poi pounder" absolutely delicious.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We ate here ten years ago when we stayed at the Fairmont on our honeymoon. We stayed at the Four Seasons this time, but they still went out of their way to make us feel special for our 10th anniversary trip. The hostesses greeted us with a Happy Anniversary and they gave us a great table at the front. We had 7:30 reservations so we could watch the sunset on the beach, the sky was amazing. The food was phenomenal. I had the caesar salad and the mahi mahi. My husband had the beet salad and also the mahi mahi. The fish was melt in your mouth and I loved the wine sauce AND the mashed potatoes. We had bananas foster for dessert, so good. They also brought us a little slice of lemon tart with a Happy Anniversary written on it. The waiters were all great and attentive. No complaints, lovely evening! We will be back. Mahalo.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

During a week stay in Maui, we tried to sample restaurants with great food that also had great views. Nick's seemed to fit the bill so we decided to give them a try.

We asked our server Beau, what dishes they did best? He told us the Opakapaka Picatta (Pink Snapper) was their signature dish so that is what my wife ordered. I ordered the Moroccan Spiced Salmon and asked what red they would recommend to pair with it. Beau brought me "tastes" of three reds from which I chose a 2012 Byron Pinot Noir.

For a starter, we chose the Tiger Eye Sushi which is a deep fried Ahi roll. The mustard sauce that came with it is what really "made" the dish. The kitchen did a superior job preparing the snapper and salmon, as one would expect from a restaurant that specializes in fish. The Opakapaka had a lighter taste with minimal seasoning. The Salmon had a much stronger flavor accented by chutney. The starter and both dishes were very good and the wine was good but not great.

Beau, Tyson, and Jordan provided excellent table side service. We were never in want of anything and they kept our table clean and well supplied with water and fresh utensils.

They topped off the meal by providing us with a complimentary "Happy Anniversary" cheesecake, which was nice gesture.

My only disappointment was that my wife and I weren't able to enjoy the sunset together as we dined, despite many "sunset view" tables being available. After asking to be reseated from our original table, they seated us where one of us had our back to the sunset. If no other tables were available, I wouldn't have been disappointed.

So the food was very good and service was excellent, but my subjective experience was diminished somewhat by not having the "great views" part of the dining experience I'd hoped for.