“Loved”

Nick's Fishmarket Maui
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick's Fishmarket Maui is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kaukahi Street in the Fairmont Kea Lani
Description: Nick’s Fishmarket Maui is one of Hawaii’s premier seafood restaurants, a favorite of both visitors and residents alike. Located on the grounds of the spectacular Fairmont Kea Lani resort in Wailea, Nick’s Fishmarket is the Valley Isle’s first choice in dining for any occasion, whether it be a romantic dinner, a family celebration, a business function, or just a night out with friends. Join us for our nightly Happy Hour from 5-7pm and dinner from 5:30-9:30pm.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had actually been to this restaurant several years ago and had such an amazing experience I was scared to go back in case it wasn't like I remembered. Well it was everything I remembered the food was amazing the staff was incredible. My husband went to pour some wine and out of no where a server appeared and was like let me get that for you sir. We sat in a booth and lights seemed a little bright our server said let me fix that Ma'am and dimmed the lights for me instantly. Just those nice little touches that can make an evening so special. Beautiful wine list paired with amazing food. Can't wait to go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,303)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I dined at Nick's this evening, and it was perfect in every way. Fabulous outdoor surroundings, excellent service ( thanks to Jake and his colleagues), and a beautifully cooked and presented three course meal. Prices very reasonable, given the quality. This is our third trip to Hawaii from Australia, and our second time to Maui; Nick's gave us clearly our best Hawaiian experience . This trip is to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, and Nick's marked the occasion perfectly for us.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The reviews of Nick's were pretty good so we gave it a whirl. I can see why this has polarized reviews. There were some great aspects and some not-so-great ones.

The food all sounds amazing on the menu. When we got our dishes they ranged from "decent" to "outstanding". I really liked the scaled-potato fish dish, but our other entree was bland and slightly overcooked. The appetizers were the same. Dessert was really good.

I'd go to Nick's again if we are in Wailea and need a change of pace from Spago or Duo, but it wasn't a must visit restaurant.

The seating is outside in a very nice resort so it is a good place to go for a sunset dinner.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

When you eat at a $50 a plate restaurant, you expect good service. What we got was a three ring circus. We never really knew who are waiter was... People kept on coming up asking the same question multiple times... But it appears that this is their plan! A service team as opposed to one on one. Who appeared to be our assistant waiter was a total joke... No emotion no excitement... The guy just talked right through you. And the head waiter was like a used car salesman. They were also out of a few things. All in all... Food was indeed great but the service ruined the experience.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The food good, although mac'n cheese does not go with spiny tail lobster at $60. Great service from all the staff, but as a non American I'm put off by the constant attention and questions about the food and if they could help more, an initial question if they can help should be enough, if the foods bad I'll complain, if I need help I'll ask, seen and not heard should be the norm. I understand they wish to procure a higher tip, but quiet and efficient service will open my pocket up further, maybe I'm cynical!! Eat the seafood, that's why you used the restaraunt, my wife's tuna was very good, perfectly cooked, shared a desert which was enough, no espresso was a disappointment.