“Super High Tourist Rip Off”

Nick's Fishmarket Maui
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick's Fishmarket Maui is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kaukahi Street in the Fairmont Kea Lani
Description: Nick’s Fishmarket Maui is one of Hawaii’s premier seafood restaurants, a favorite of both visitors and residents alike. Located on the grounds of the spectacular Fairmont Kea Lani resort in Wailea, Nick’s Fishmarket is the Valley Isle’s first choice in dining for any occasion, whether it be a romantic dinner, a family celebration, a business function, or just a night out with friends. Join us for our nightly Happy Hour from 5-7pm and dinner from 5:30-9:30pm.
Los Angeles, California
“Super High Tourist Rip Off”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Prices are super high. Last time we ate here we ordered abalone and they did not tell us the price nor that it came from a can - over $70 for small abalone.

Visited January 2013

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Whatever happened to Nick's Fisherman in Oahu”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were in Oahu a few years ago and went to Nick's Fisherman to this day I remember the delicious bread and garlic butter. We have been to Maui three times now and each time we have wanted to go to Nick's Fisherman to relive the excellent experience we had in Oahu. Will finally this time we went to Nick's Fishmarket I was so looking forward to the experience. We were sat at a beautiful table. The waiter took our drink order and placed my napkin our appretizer arrived and after asking four waiters my husband received his napkin. A basket with 4 thin slices of cold bread and 4 pices of cold crisp bread was placed on the table as a butter lover I would be surprised if the bowl accompanying it was whipped butter. Certainly not the delicious bread (hot) and delicious whipped butter I had been anticipating. Oh and not complimentary as in Oahu but $16. The food was good and the apple pie delicious. The $5 per ounce diet coke not so impressed with. And the two refills also came at full price. Go to the Waterfront better food and service

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Deborah F
Brisbane, Australia
“Great seafood”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just love the setting at Nicks and the seafood was delicious. The desserts were great too especially the apple pie! Service was very good.

Visited December 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I'll start with a caveat that it was New Year's Eve so I always have a lower standard for holidays at restaurants. Sadly, there were no pleasant surprises to contradict my expectations. We were pleased to get a lovely table at the end of the veranda - until we realized that the hotel pool was right there and there were kids frolicking within it and screaming at 10PM. So much for ambiance... The service seemed rushed and awkward with failed attempts at elegance. We barely had a chance to get our napkins on our laps when a server plopped what he called an "amuse buche" platter in front of us. This was a large 3 part appetizer which was probably the best part of the meal but it was far from an amuse buche. Apparently this was part of the three course pre-set menu. The waiter then asked us to make a wine selection but had not yet told us anything about the menu, making it difficult to select. When we asked to see the menu first, he seemed put off. I ordered the lobster bisque and the surf and turf. The bisque was heavy and served over a piece of lobster "tempura" that had obviously been prepared much earlier so the crust was mushy and the lobster was chewy. Things did not improve when the entree was served. The lobster tail was barely warm, chewy, and so salty I could not eat it. The filet was flavorful but barely room temperature and mostly rare, despite my request for a medium preparation. The baked potato it was served with looked like something you would find at Applebees and I didn't bother to try it. My husbands scallop and shrimp scampi had good flavor and texture and was probably the saving grace of the meal. Dessert was a pear sorbet with a ginger cookie. At least thats what we think it was. It was plopped in front of us within 2 minutes of having our dinner plates removed, with no explanation and no offer of coffee or apertif. Minutes later our bill (almost $400) was brought with effusive thanks and insistence that we should take our time finishing up, and that truly there was no rush. You could've fooled us!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank EMG311
“Fresh sustainable fish...great service”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hello,
We visited Nick's Fishmarket in Wailea on my birthday in December. We knew we wanted a good experience and from the reviews I felt like Nick's would deliver. And it did. Per my reservation, we were seated at a great table which was quiet but still a 'part' of the restaurant. Every single person who came to our table, from the hostess to the busboy to the actual waiter wished me happy birthday which was a nice touch. We ordered a bottle of Champagne and the waiter was top-notch in the way he showed and poured our initial glasses. I chose the red snapper while my husband chose the opah (slightly butttery fish; second cousin to the halibut I believe). My husband cleaned his plate and was surprised that the red thai-coconut sauce accompaniment would complement the fish as well as it did. My snapper was also delicious.
The dessert was an apple pie which was flaky, hot and seemingly home-made.
I will definitely return to this restaurant upon another visit to Maui

• Visited December 2012