Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
2,974 results
All reviewska'ana kitchenlavender lemonadelehua loungehour marketmokapu marketka ana kitchenbumbye beach barcascading infinity poolsresort feerain showermorimoto restaurantbeach crewmodern designour honeymoonwater bottlestranquility poolfour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I can't believe I haven't written this sooner because I never write reviews but I swore I would write one for Andaz Maui because it was just too incredible not to share that! We went at the beginning of December for a 10-day belated honeymoon and let me tell you, it was worth the wait!! I'm extremely picky when it comes to architecture and esthetics, and the bathrooms of course! All I can say is Un-Beliveable! And to top it off, the staff were the best; so nice, friendly and welcoming just like old friends. We even made a permeant friendship with our fav bartenders, Joe! Everyone else we met were just as sweet; Hollie, Frenando, Archer, Devan, Amanda, Kaley, the beach crew boys and a few other names that I can't remember but definitely remember their awesomeness;)

The property was just breathtaking, infinity pools that were oh-so-cool, beautiful nightly live Hawaiian music at the pool bar with the most gorgeous backdrop and the beach right out front seemed to be hands-down one of the best on the island. The sand was so soft, like cinnamon, and the water was crystal clear with amazing snorkeling. (Side note: We had never snorkeled before so maybe our lack of experience made us naive, but it seemed pretty amazing to us!) The whole place had a cool, sexy vibe which was just what I hoped it to be. Everything we ate, drank and saw was the best at the Andaz. We ventured off the property several times to explore, drive to Hana, bike down Haleakalā and check out a few cute towns, but really all I ever wanted to do was get back to the Andaz for the ultimate sunset drinking a famous Coconut Wired:) The food at the Ka'na kitchen was was we thought better to be than the other meals we had elsewhere, including the incredible breakfast/brunch!

Our room had only a partial view of the ocean but overlooked the backside pool and that was pretty enough. The shower had this slider door that when opened you could see out the window and look at the view from in there. It was such a cool set-up and I definitely give the bathroom an A+++++. Our room was re-stocked daily with KIND protein bars that came in handy on our day adventures. The housekeeping had a nightly turn down where they left fresh, cold water on the nightstand which was usually necessary after all the pool-side day drinking!

I seriously never want to stay anywhere else as it cannot get better than the Andaz and I can't wait to go back! This was my first time to Hawaii and it literally couldn't have been better, the Andaz being a huge factor in that!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ErickaG810
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This Resort newly built a few months ago is located at Wailea, Maui. My wife and I stayed in a garden view room in the Andaz Resort, Wailea, Maui. It was our first visit to Maui and all I can say is that it’s a different experience arriving here from the big city of Honolulu. We ended up renting a jeep, which was the best decision we ever made. The jeep made our experience complete.
We arrive at the valet and were greeted with leis, which had a wonderful fragrance. Our Where our personal assistant continued to show us the resort while seamlessly checking us in with her Ipad. There are no front desks and the staff is friendly and young.
The room had clean lines with a modern look. We loved the bed and the plush pillows
The swimming pool are made of 3 layers of large infinite pools stacked over each other ending with the main family pool at the bottom of the resort. The pools have excellent views to the beach and the ocean.

It was such a refreshing to have such an experience at Andaz that we would not mind coming back to this hotel and doing it one more time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fidogs
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Andaz for 4 nights of our Hawaiian honeymoon and what an amazing experience! I had the best customer service I've ever had in a hotel ever. Everyone on the staff did such a great job of making us feel welcome and at ease. The hotel is beautiful, brand new and much more modern than anything else we saw in Maui or Kauai (the islands we visited). My only complaint might be that the food and beverages on site are a little on the pricey side. The hotel itself is a tad pricey as well (fortunately for us we were able to redeem Hyatt Reward points to pay for our stay), but they definitely delivered the service you'd expect from a hotel at this price point. I would definitely stay here again if I visit Maui in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in a pool view room. This was lovely for us because we love music and you could hear the pool side entertainment very clearly from our room every night. But you may want a different room if you're looking for quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I don't even know where to begin! We spent a week at the Andaz on our honeymoon and we didn't want to leave. Our stay was perfect, the staff are excellent - friendly and knowledgable. The food was very good, we used the market most days for a light breakfast and ate lunches round the pool. We didn't eat at Ka'ana Kitchen in the evening but Morimotos was outstanding. The cocktails were delicious too!
It's well located, the Shops at Wailea about a 10/15 minute walk along the beach path with a few different restaurants.
The pools were beautiful, no matter what time we got to the pool there was always somewhere to sit. Our room spotlessly clean and well looked after.
It had a chilled out but sophisticated vibe, it seemed to be predominantly young couples with quite a few young families and groups of friends etc.
We just couldn't fault a thing and really wished we didn't live so far away otherwise we'd be returning very soon!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was sent to work on a job several miles from my home in Wailea, Maui. The clients placed me in a garden view room in the Andaz Resort, Wailea, Maui. It was my first visit there since they opened the door just over a year ago.

The minute you arrive at the valet, you will know this place is a resort recreated from the ground, up. No front desk. A staff that is local, youthful, and allowed to be themselves. Local style. Great food. Everything operated with the swipe of an iPad. Good ambient music. Uber Stylish.

I entered my room and realized there were no doorknobs, as I searched for the bathroom. When I finally found the bathroom, It became obvious that the bathroom was actually the center of the room, and everything else was built around it! Holy cow, the shower "room" was huge and open-air so that the guest has the option to bathe totally revealed to the world, or not.

It was a "James Bond meets the Hyatt" feeling in my room, as most everything is controlled by pushing a button. There were hidden panels and and beautiful amenities hidden in little spots throughout. I loved the bed and pillows, but my favorite thing, oddly, was the absolutely PERFECTLY SIMPLE ALARM CLOCK! I am very tired of complex hotel digital alarm clocks. This clock was by far and away the best hotel alarm clock on Earth. Sounds weird, I know, but when working on a schedule, this matters.

Okay the swimming pool is maybe the best I have ever been in in my life. There are 3 layers of large infinite pools stacked above the lagoon-style pool, all leading out to the fabulous Ulua Beach. I am not a pool guy, but I took a plunge and didn't move for an hour. The pool-side food was very delicious and creative. The "sweet n sour pork belly soft tacos" were served to me in a bamboo box as I stood in the pool. I had to smile.

I cannot say enough about the individuality of the employees, whom were all encouraged by management to be themselves. This is so refreshing, as "corporate office" seems to often turn employees into clones.

Again, this is a hard place to check out of, even though my stay was a "work-related" trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business