“Outstanding new hotel and a beautiful beach”

Andaz Maui At Wailea
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Outstanding new hotel and a beautiful beach”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Everything about the hotel was outstanding with modern decor - the lobby, rooms, views etc. Very clean hotel - hope they are able to maintain that.
Service was very prompt.
We had a partial ocean view room facing the pools and we enjoyed the atmosphere there. Would definitely love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view is recommended
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This trip was with two girlfriends and myself. We originally booked 5 nights at Makena Beach thinking it would be nice enough and would save us a few dollars. After checking in and staying one night we decided to ditch our reservation there (and pay a hefty penalty) to move over to Andaz. Although there was a huge price difference we were absolutely happy we made the decision to move. From the minute we pulled up to the curb, valet guys were there to greet us and help us with luggage and guest services whisked us away and to give us the overview of the hotel and have us checked in. We were so impressed with the decor and cleanliness of the hotel and room. The complimentary snacks and beverages provided daily in the room were nice to have. Loved the 24hr market, fitness center, jogging trail, pool, beach was beautiful, and service everywhere was superb! I love this hotel! Can't say enough great things about it. Looking forward to coming back one day!

Green Features: Linens are washed every third day, they provide water bottles that can be refilled vs using disposable water bottles, linen towels provided in public area restrooms instead of paper towels
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank nyao888
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Andaz Maui and have nothing but wonderful things to say and even better memories to bring home. The whole experience from start to finish was simply amazing. Everyone was so genuine and so happy to make our experience the best. We have stayed at a couple of places in Maui but the Andaz has made forever guests out of us! The room restaurants pools service beach all perfect. Thank you.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view....it's worth it. You can shower and stare at the ocean. What's better tha...
Green Features: All information can be found on your tv. No more bulky room books or daily activities list. Also the wooden utensils by the pool are pretty epic!!
Princeville, Hawaii
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is my first review on Tripadvisor and after staying at the Andaz, I felt compelled to let everyone know about this resort. The primary reason I've given it a rating of 5 is the top-notch service. From the valets, to the guest attendants and poolside service, everyone was incredibly friendly and would go the extra mile to get you what you needed/wanted. An example is when I asked for a drink at the pool that they served in one of the restaurants. Instead of saying "I'm sorry, I don't have that," the waitress ran around the hotel to find everything she needed. They made my husband and I (on our honeymoon) feel welcome and well taken care of throughout our entire stay. We also spent part of our honeymoon on Kauai, staying at the St. Regis. I have to say, the service at the Andaz is superior!
A few additional comments. The pools are lovely and we were certainly thankful for the adult only pool. The only criticism that I have of the hotel is the somewhat awkward layout of the room, particularly the bathroom. We had the deluxe ocean view room and the higher price was worth it! Finally, I can't say enough good things about the food. The Ka'ana Kitchen was amazing!! Again, spectacular service, with attention paid to every detail. I can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Tara L
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were there on our honeymoon and stayed at The Wailea Marriott. During our time there we went and ate at Ka'ana Kitchen for dinner and let me just say, it was hands down the best meal we had there! Jim was our server and he was AMAZING! Thank you for a beautiful evening and amazing service and knowledge! We will be going back there and staying at that hotel when we go back to Maui!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Megan S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've stayed several places on Maui, and this is by far the best. Check-in was quick, even though there was a conference and local prom going on when I arrived. The staff was wonderful - all seemed happy and genuine. The room, while not large, was well-designed. The bed was also very comfortable. I can see where some might find the closet too small, but I always pack light for Maui, so this was not a problem for me.

The breakfast buffet was awesome - although expensive. Food in the Mokapu Market was fresh and provided a quick alternative. There was never an issue getting a spot by the pool at any hour, and service by the pool staff was prompt and friendly, without being intrusive. I also had a massage and a facial at the spa, which was amazing! And no upsell during the treatment, like I had experienced at the Four Seasons.

Yes - it was expensive, but worth every penny. I'm already planning a return trip for next year.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Tracy S
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had our wedding planned in Makena so we decided to stay the night in the area at the Andaz and we were not disappointed. The graciously gave us a very early check in so we had lots of time to get ready for the wedding that evening. We also were upgraded to an ocean view and were given complimentary champagne! The rooms and grounds were beautiful, modern and immaculate. We had consistently excellent service the entire time we were there, everyone was so friendly and attentive. The valet guys in particular were excellent and so helpful when I lost my phone. The food from the Ka'ana kitchen was great and so quick and easy to grab during a busy day and the service at the poolside bar was great too. I would recommend the Andaz to anyone wanting to stay at a resort while on Maui. Very impressed.

1 Thank Amelia E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 7 in Wailea

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!