“Ultimate in elegance and customer service”

Andaz Maui At Wailea
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersSilver level
Woodinville, Washington
“Ultimate in elegance and customer service”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This fairly new property is the epitome of outstanding customer service - from check in via IPad where you never leave a comfortable lobby couch to the pool service to check out

You get what you pay for at this premier Wailea property

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I'm a huge Andaz fan and our stay at Andaz Maui over New Year's was the 4th of the 7 locations they have in the U.S. If you are passionate about:

• Modern resort aesthetic
• Bold designs and architecture
• Premium everything
• Engaging and connected service
• Spa and restaurants that rock

... then Andaz Maui won't let you down. We visited the Four Seasons Wailea to use their spa and check out their hotel as they are a great brand too. It was so clear that we made the right choice in Andaz as the Four Seasons was dated-looking, not as spacious and the everyone crowded together in the pool areas. In fact, it seems Andaz has almost an unfair advantage as all the other luxury category hotels while beautiful are decades old, dated and Andaz has completely leapfrogged them with this property. They must be scratching their heads on how to counter.

We are planning to go back with our kids as a stop on our way to Japan. Our kids will love the 5 pools and infinity edges. Check out my reviews on 2 of the Andaz restaurants that were both amazing!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I went into my stay at the Andaz with very high expectations after reading all the reviews; especially after rave reviews from some friends who had stayed there in December. So it was hard to believe that my expectations were exceeded!

Our resort host Kristel was wonderful and went the extra mile. The lei greeting, a complimentary drink, moist towel and ocean view in the beautiful lobby while laying back on a couch while Kristel, iPad in hand, treated us like friends was by far and away the best check in experience I've ever had.

We were upgraded to an ocean view and literally watched whales bellowing and breaching from our bed. Rooms were a little small but remember this is a remodel, not ground up construction. So I actually think what they've done with the space is innovative and efficient. Loved the rain shower.

Food was PRICEY so prepare yourself. My wife and I shared most things which worked out fine. Quality and taste were great though. Had to bite the bullet and go for the $24 lobster grilled cheese by the pool on the last day - delicious! It is very nice that all snacks and non alcoholic drinks in the room are comp'd and replenished though. This offsets the sting of what you do pay for.

I wish I was in one of the 3 infinity pools right this moment. Awesome. Sitting below an infinity edge can be a little too splashy when people move around a lot up top. However, the overall rating for pools and beach is a big 10. The staff is always on top of it to say the least.

The courtesy shuttle worked great to get us to restaurants off property and to the ABC store. The Ohana courtesy room worked great since we had a late flight.

We hope the chance to stay here again the near future. Thank you Andaz staff.

Room Tip: Ocean room high floor is the way to go. Construction nice bothersome on south side.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 23, 2014

So sorry I am late in writing my review. I never write reviews but I feel Andaz deserved my review so that others debating to stay there or not can make a good decision. My bf and I stayed there in mid December and it was aaaah-maaah-zing. On entering you are greeted with warm and friendly attitudes. You are checked in in a non-traditional way with a tablet and choice of drink and cold fresh towels. Then you are escorted to your room and given a personal tour as to how to use the amenities and general info. They also gave us slippers and beach mesh bag in effort to carryon their "green" environment- that was cool. The property is class A and you will feel like you paid your worth for staying there. The food is definitely pricey so bring snacks if you can. The infinity pools are amazing and you can watch the sunsets right from the main pools.
The pool staff is also amazing, as soon as you enter the area they make you pool beds and hand you towels. You are just treated with dignity and respect. Stay away from the garden view if you are booking because some garden view are actually a 'parking-lot view' on one side of the hotel. Room service cleaned our room twice a day, yes!
Before we went we read the reviews and people spoke about the construction. I am thinking they went when it was just happening, but we didn't experience any issues, we could see them working but unless you are really nosey or fussy, then you will not notice it at all.
They will drive you to a restaurant called monkey bar about a mile away and pick you up when you are ready. If you want a cheaper dinner one evening, then go there at 5 or 9 for happy hour where appetizers and drinks are 1/2 of regular price.
Also at the lounge, ask for Bianca. Omg she was an amazing server. We ate or had a drink there almost every night and she served us. just a wonderful girl and trust her on her recommendations (esp if you are a picky eater).
Its a beautiful hotel and very very new and contemporary. If you can afford it, go!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was immensely surprised at how much I fell in love with this resort. Although we had been there on a couple occasions and meandered around, staying at Andaz Maui said it all in regards to standing out in the crowd (of Hawaii resorts). Aside from the exceptionally friendly staff and fantastic food, we could not believe how romantic and sexy it was. Although the rooms are not huge, having the very comfy bed facing the outdoors was just lovely. We were in a regular ocean view so the bathroom was small also, thus, no bathtub. (I understand that the premium ocean view bathroom is bigger with a tub and 2 sinks). What it lacked in size it made up for with the shower!!! Sexy! The big plate glass window looked over the bed and to the….. outdoors! A shower with a view! The overhead rain shower and the fine toiletries were the final touches needed to make a great showering experience. There are very few showers in Hawaii's resorts that have a view. I've been to 3 other resorts that did. It's a fantastic 'value added' for romantic vacations. Walking around the resort at night was magical. The solo guitarist's music wafting into the night air, blanketing the resort in melodies……… the waterfalls in-between the many swimming pools had soft blue lights fixed on the dancing waters and add their own sweet tune to the night air. The resort is at the end of Wailea (north end) so there is no resort next to it on the north and quite a distance to the next resort on the south. It's serene, long gorgeous beach, fantastic stars because it is out of the main Wailea resort area where the bigger hotels are. I can't wait to go back. I hope it's soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a complimentary upgrade at check in, especially if it is your honeymoon, anniversary or spec...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MelissaMcCoy
SoCal
Reviewed January 22, 2014

All of the Hotels in the Wailea area will have friendly Staff, they just seemed a little more sincere about it here at Andaz.

They start off with a nice relaxed feel at check-in, no waiting in a line, you sit down in a lounge with a great view with a drink and towel, and a staff member sits down with you and gets you setup.

I'd say the Hotel room is probably smaller than say the Grand Hyatt Kauai, but they make good use of the Space, AND your Ocean view Room is Ocean View from the Bed. That's nice to have a great view of the ocean while laying normally in bed. I think my wife only set out on the balcony twice, because the view was just as good from the bed. :-)

It's located at the North End of the that nice beach Front Walking path that fronts the Wailea area. Don't worry, the trail ends in a non-penetrable bramble of vegetation to keep those middle class people of Kihei away. :-)

I'd say the Vibe for the look and feel of the Hotel is "Equinox Sports Club". ("Open, Clean, Wood Metal and Glass, if you're not familiar with them. It's NOT "full-on Hawaiian".) I'm fine with that, the only thing I don't like is the Back Ground music is too loud (at both Equinox and the Resort. Not sure why they do that.) There is a more quiet section of the hotel by the SPA area, but the Pools in the main area are bigger and the wife and I like to swim laps in the morning, so it's more convenient for that in the main area.

Several of the main Pools work fine for swimming laps, if you get out in the morning, and the single Jacuzzi has a couple jets that are just strong enough to be "hydro therapeutic". (There are Jacuzzis in the SPA area too. Mens or Womens, nothing Co-ed in the SPA).

One tip here on the Rooms, if you're a Big, White, Furry person (like some of my relatives from Washington and Oregon), they've got a North Facing Wing of Rooms and the bottom floor open up to a wading pool to cool off in. Not my thing, I prefer Sunny South or West facing, but I'd recommended it to some folks.

The Restaurant Morimoto was excellent, and the "buffet Restaurant" was very good too.

My wife enjoyed the SPA, probably had 4 hours of massages, and a couple times just went there to hang out and relax in the evening before going to bed.

They've got a variety of fitness classes in the mornings and my wife usually enjoys those. I liked the morning Outrigger Canoe rides, and there's some OK snorkeling right beneath the Hotel.

You know you're going to be burning money staying in Wailea, and eventually just accept it, :-) but if you made your money by not spending it, the daily Valet fee more than the base price of the rental car is annoying (no self parking), but they don't have a resort fee, don't charge for the non-alcoholic drinks in the room, Wi-Fi, Fitness or SPA facility access... so it balances out. And the Valet folks are excellent. Hard working, more locally seasoned and aware (the Thai food truck tip in Kula was great). The Hotel Shuttle for the Wailea area when we didn't feel like driving or walking worked out fine.

Not a lot of kids when we were there, which is nice if you're old and grumpy like us. :-) For some reason the Four Seasons Wailea always seems like a Day Care center in or out of the main Vacation breaks. It's nice not to deal with that.

There are some Ocean front Villas. Those looked nice, and if I had been there I'd bet that would probably be my favorite place to stay in Wailea.

Thank you Andaz folks, we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank withwife
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Beautiful property, it is like vacationing in a Dwell Magazine.
Food is superb (be prepared to pay top dollar - an example is
$12 for 3 onion rings at pool bar) and service is top notch. The rooms are
very stylish, but definitely on the small side. I would recommend this
as a great place for a couples get away.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank HawaiianStyle808
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 8 in Wailea

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!