Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort
$599
$497
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $555/night.

$579
Fairmont.com
$1,545
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $1,881/night.

3,066 results
All reviewska'ana kitchenlavender lemonadelehua loungehour marketmokapu marketka ana kitchenbumbye beach barcascading infinity poolsresort feerain showermorimoto restaurantbeach crewmodern designour honeymoonfour seasonstranquility poolwater bottles
Reviewed January 22, 2014

All of the Hotels in the Wailea area will have friendly Staff, they just seemed a little more sincere about it here at Andaz.

They start off with a nice relaxed feel at check-in, no waiting in a line, you sit down in a lounge with a great view with a drink and towel, and a staff member sits down with you and gets you setup.

I'd say the Hotel room is probably smaller than say the Grand Hyatt Kauai, but they make good use of the Space, AND your Ocean view Room is Ocean View from the Bed. That's nice to have a great view of the ocean while laying normally in bed. I think my wife only set out on the balcony twice, because the view was just as good from the bed. :-)

It's located at the North End of the that nice beach Front Walking path that fronts the Wailea area. Don't worry, the trail ends in a non-penetrable bramble of vegetation to keep those middle class people of Kihei away. :-)

I'd say the Vibe for the look and feel of the Hotel is "Equinox Sports Club". ("Open, Clean, Wood Metal and Glass, if you're not familiar with them. It's NOT "full-on Hawaiian".) I'm fine with that, the only thing I don't like is the Back Ground music is too loud (at both Equinox and the Resort. Not sure why they do that.) There is a more quiet section of the hotel by the SPA area, but the Pools in the main area are bigger and the wife and I like to swim laps in the morning, so it's more convenient for that in the main area.

Several of the main Pools work fine for swimming laps, if you get out in the morning, and the single Jacuzzi has a couple jets that are just strong enough to be "hydro therapeutic". (There are Jacuzzis in the SPA area too. Mens or Womens, nothing Co-ed in the SPA).

One tip here on the Rooms, if you're a Big, White, Furry person (like some of my relatives from Washington and Oregon), they've got a North Facing Wing of Rooms and the bottom floor open up to a wading pool to cool off in. Not my thing, I prefer Sunny South or West facing, but I'd recommended it to some folks.

The Restaurant Morimoto was excellent, and the "buffet Restaurant" was very good too.

My wife enjoyed the SPA, probably had 4 hours of massages, and a couple times just went there to hang out and relax in the evening before going to bed.

They've got a variety of fitness classes in the mornings and my wife usually enjoys those. I liked the morning Outrigger Canoe rides, and there's some OK snorkeling right beneath the Hotel.

You know you're going to be burning money staying in Wailea, and eventually just accept it, :-) but if you made your money by not spending it, the daily Valet fee more than the base price of the rental car is annoying (no self parking), but they don't have a resort fee, don't charge for the non-alcoholic drinks in the room, Wi-Fi, Fitness or SPA facility access... so it balances out. And the Valet folks are excellent. Hard working, more locally seasoned and aware (the Thai food truck tip in Kula was great). The Hotel Shuttle for the Wailea area when we didn't feel like driving or walking worked out fine.

Not a lot of kids when we were there, which is nice if you're old and grumpy like us. :-) For some reason the Four Seasons Wailea always seems like a Day Care center in or out of the main Vacation breaks. It's nice not to deal with that.

There are some Ocean front Villas. Those looked nice, and if I had been there I'd bet that would probably be my favorite place to stay in Wailea.

Thank you Andaz folks, we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank withwife
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Beautiful property, it is like vacationing in a Dwell Magazine.
Food is superb (be prepared to pay top dollar - an example is
$12 for 3 onion rings at pool bar) and service is top notch. The rooms are
very stylish, but definitely on the small side. I would recommend this
as a great place for a couples get away.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank HawaiianStyle808
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Can't say enough about the quality of the staff. Fantastic! Lobby, beautiful! Overall property very nice. The room, terrible like taking a vacation in a motor home. Furniture could not have been more uncomfortable, bathroom awful!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank JerryH_10
Reviewed January 19, 2014

From the moment we arrived at the Andaz at Wailea, we were blown away. We were promptly greeted by the valet staff, who handled our bags and escorted us into the breathtaking lobby. We were checked in by Johnny, who was friendly and helpful. Sherman escorted us to our room, and showed us around the beautiful property. Any request we had during our stay was efficiently handled by the Guest Services team. Every detail was attended to. Every time we'd leave our room, we'd return to a slightly refreshed abode, whether it meant a turndown, fresh towels, or a full cleaning.

The pool was clean, and pool staff was eager to assist with anything and everything. Pool servers were friendly, introduced themselves, and made us feel truly welcome. The valet staff was always on top of things, and always friendly. The complimentary Wailea shuttle was fantastic, and luxurious.

The live entertainment every night was phenomenal, as was the ambience in the lobby as the sun set. We especially appreciated the General Manager's cocktail receptions on Monday and Friday.

This property is amazing. Elegant, yet casual. Effortlessly excellent. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Justin H
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I've stayed in many hotels in the past years, but the Andaz Maui is definitely a one-of-a-kind hotel. From the moment we checked-in, we were always blown away by everything and everyone on property. The lobby is breathtaking, with the sandbox and couches everywhere. We were welcomed with a flower neckclace (after 10 days in Hawaii, I was happy to finally get one!! Great job, Andaz! ) and were invited to come back later for a complimentary welcome cocktail before dinner. The views are amazing, the pools are out of this world... I could of stay in that lobby forever. We booked a Garden View room (yes, Maui hotels are very expensive...but the Andaz's worth every penny!!!) so we were very disappointed to get a parking view. We called downstairs and they offered to upgrade us to a Partial Ocean... for a cost. Afterwards, we were absolutely delighted with our new room and almost forgot about that sad episode. They have a 24 hour Market : absolutely perfect, we would grab coffees and breakfast sandwiches quickly in the morning and sometimes snacks in the afternoon. The 2 restaurants on site are amazing. Ka'ana Kitchen is very good and the restaurant is beautiful, and the new Morimoto offers gorgeous views of the ocean. They also have complimentary snacks and drinks in the minibar (refreshed daily)... very thoughtful and convenient. Free wi-fi all over proprety (thank god! it was about time luxury hotels start offering the wi-fi to their guests...) and a complete spa with jacuzzi, sauna, etc... top of the line and absolutely free. We absolutely loved our stay and enjoyed everything about the hotel. They have a lounge for guests who are checking in/out with showers, tv, computer, etc. We stayed there after check out while we were waiting to go to the airport. Very convenient, again. They really thought about everything ! We visited the Grand Wailea and the Four Seasons next door, and were so happy with our choice. The Andaz is really a unique hotel, and I'm confident to stay is the best option on the island of Maui. We'll be back

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Partial Ocean View. For the price of the Garden Room, you absolutely dont want a parking view....
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple